To all of you Bostonians in here

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Your city came up with some really good bands including the Boston, the Cars, Aerosmith, J Geils, and this relatively obscure band with only 3 albums, the Del Fuegos which Im listening to now. I have all three of their albums and really like their stuff. Recordings were of stellar quality too

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Don't forget the Pixies, the Dropkick Murphy's, and Jerry's Kids (very un PC)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Your city came up with some really good bands including the Boston, the Cars, Aerosmith, J Geils, and this relatively obscure band with only 3 albums, the Del Fuegos which Im listening to now. I have all three of their albums and really like their stuff. Recordings were of stellar quality too
The Del Fuegos played my brother's punk rock club in Worcester MA, Xit, several times. I probably have a bunch of black & white photos of them, buried. I was there taking photos at the club often. You' might be surprised at some of the bands that played there, including Black Flag and Flipper.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I forgot to mention the Pixies. I have some of their stuff too and really like it. I will have to checkout these other bands mentioned based on how good the Del Fuegos really were.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I forgot to mention the Pixies. I have some of their stuff too and really like it.
An oversight! They do not get enough credit for influencing the Grunge movement.
Hat tip on Black Flag.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Grew up with J Geils to an extent, later on hooked on to the Pixies and some others.....not from the area and now will go check out the Del Fuegos....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Saw them live at the "Lucky Dog Music Hall" (which was originally Sir Morgan's Cove) Worcester MA when they were just starting out. I was there at the invite of a local band who wanted live performance pictures for their website and they told me "you want to hang around for the next band." They're weren't wrong.

That tiny venue was where The Rolling Stones played an impromptu concert years before. A friend got in, I couldn't.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis