Titanic 10" MKIII vs. STF-2 vs SVS PB10-ISD

E

ekmanspiral

Audiophyte
Hi,

After much reading in this forum and others I have narrowed my search for a sub down to the Hsu STF-2 ($399) and the 10" Titanic MKIII subwoofer kit($349),
SVS PB10-ISD ($429)

I would like to keep the price at/below $400 and my room is only 20 x 14' x 8' (lwh).

It will be used with an OnkyoTX-SR602 and FluanceSX-HTB speakers.

Music/HT 60/40

I like the idea of DIY but I'm not much of a wood worker so the Titanic kind of appeals to me but I don't know how it compares to the other 2 subs (which get great reviews).

Any comments or suggestion appreciated.

TIA,

Neil

K

kingpk

Audiophyte
Titanic MKIII Subwoofer Review

Hi Neil,

Did you pick up the 10" Titanic MKIII subwoofer kit? I would appreciate your feedback since I too am considering buying it.

Thanks

Amit

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
ekmanspiral said:
Hi,

After much reading in this forum and others I have narrowed my search for a sub down to the Hsu STF-2 ($399) and the 10" Titanic MKIII subwoofer kit($349),
SVS PB10-ISD ($429)

I would like to keep the price at/below $400 and my room is only 20 x 14' x 8' (lwh).

It will be used with an OnkyoTX-SR602 and FluanceSX-HTB speakers.

Music/HT 60/40

I like the idea of DIY but I'm not much of a wood worker so the Titanic kind of appeals to me but I don't know how it compares to the other 2 subs (which get great reviews).

Any comments or suggestion appreciated.

TIA,

Neil
Suggest you compare the SVS frequency response with the 30 Hz by the Titanic:
http://svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb10_isd_response.htm

You will aprreciate the lower bass frequencies of the SVS when you playback music.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis