Timing is Everything

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Watching/listenning to the new "Kong vs Godzilla" flick on HBOMAX because it has an Atmos soundtrack.

A god awful stupid movie, but useful to test if this Atmos ST actually delivers the goods on a 5.2.4 HT.
(Spoiler Alert: this movie doesn't)

When suddenly I get two chest thumping, bone rattling LFE experiences. After thinking WOW, that was cool. My next thought is "poop if those LFE thumps cause any more drywall screw pops in the downstairs ceiling, my wife is going to kill me".

Then she calls . . . from across the house and downstairs . . . to ask if I heard / felt the double-sonic boom from our friendly neighborhood Air Guard buds.

On reflection, the two "LFE thumps" did not not track very well with the movie action scene, but the movie was so bad it seemed plausible ATT.

To see how much and how appropriate the x.x.4 content is in the movie, I re-watched several scenes with base layer speakers off (a separate amp).
There was surprising little or appropriate Atmos content IMHO. Given the visuals, it looked to me a lot more and better Atmos use was there for the taking.
No sound effects Oscar in this movie's future!
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I watched it tonight and was somewhat underwhelmed by the soundtrack....let alone the "plot" :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if you’re gonna watch a monster mashup for the “plot”...:rolleyes:

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I only have 2 atmos speakers and thought there was quite a bit of overhead effects. One of the better streaming atmos tracks. And of course like everything personal opinion varies but I liked the movie for what it was.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I watched it tonight and was somewhat underwhelmed by the soundtrack....let alone the "plot" :)
Did you see the original? Hopefully there was more plot than that. And yes I saw the original as a kid and loved it.:rolleyes:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think they intentionally leaned into the ridiculous and delivered what was promised. The reviews are saying this one has the best monster on monster action so far with 1 fight actually happening in broad daylight! I'm gonna watch it here shortly. My bar for story and script are pretty low, but I'm expecting some good action and epic destruction. As soon as I saw the trailer this image came from I think I know what to expect.

Screenshot_2021-01-28-16-47-08_copy_1024x640.png

King Kong doing Bruce Willis from Die Hard! Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you see the original? Hopefully there was more plot than that. And yes I saw the original as a kid and loved it.:rolleyes:
Oh I think I've seen all of the Godzillas as well as King Kongs. .. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think they intentionally leaned into the ridiculous and delivered what was promised. The reviews are saying this one has the best monster on monster action so far with 1 fight actually happening in broad daylight! I'm gonna watch it here shortly. My bar for story and script are pretty low, but I'm expecting some good action and epic destruction. As soon as I saw the trailer this image came from I think I know what to expect.

View attachment 46195

King Kong doing Bruce Willis from Die Hard! Lol
That's not Willis?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Well, if you’re gonna watch a monster mashup for the “plot”...:rolleyes:
I’m sure he was hoping for a Rosencrantz and Gildenstern level screenplay with an ATMOS and LFE track but was sadly let down.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis