Time to say goodbye ....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As my 47 year railroad career comes to an end this month it's bittersweet for as a third generation railroader I've been blessed. So as I 'pull the pin' and look forward to retirement I can look back to where it all began 65 years ago, sitting on my Dads lap at a tower, 'RB', he worked outside of Buffalo ...........

drb dads lap.jpg

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
As my 47 year railroad career comes to an end this month it's bittersweet for as a third generation railroader I've been blessed. So as I 'pull the pin' and look forward to retirement I can look back to where it all began 65 years ago, sitting on my Dads lap at a tower, 'RB', he worked outside of Buffalo ...........

View attachment 42601
Congrats man, great picture. I am a huge railroad fan. Nothing better than taking a trip on a train/Amtrak.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats Dave. That’s a great picture. Have some friends in the RR. Treated them well.
Now maybe a couple more Vettes?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You can see how old that photo is. That switch panel is huge, the telephone on the desk is black and has a cord, and there is no computer on the desk.

Congrats on retiring. Enjoy the grace period between now and when you have to struggle with Medicare ;).

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it's about time. Welcome to retirement!
LOL, not so sure the wife would agree though ! I had planned on working till 70 but with my travel (2500-3000 miles a month) overseeing 4 railroads in two states I didn't feel like going through another winter.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, not so sure the wife would agree though ! I had planned on working till 70 but with my travel (2500-3000 miles a month) overseeing 4 railroads in two states I didn't feel like going through another winter.
Can't even imagine, I retired at 45 with an additional three years of work after the first 10 years of retirement, then back to the good life :) Any work I do now is part time in my other hobby of mountain biking, or just volunteering. When my mom died before she was 60 I vowed not to spend my later years working except for my own purposes...she never got to enjoy her retirement at all.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
When I was a kid, I loved trains and to this day I still do.

I grew up with Great Northern, Milwaukee Road and Northern Pacific. Good memories.

Congratulations.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
When I was a kid, I loved trains and to this day I still do.

I grew up with Great Northern, Milwaukee Road and Northern Pacific. Good memories.

Congratulations.
Love the 'northern route', I've ridden the Empire Builder many times !

H

Huey645

Audioholic

View attachment 42601
My dad was third generation railroader as well, having started his career at the depot that you see on the fridge in Sheldon and Amy's apartment, if you ever watched Big Bang Theory. We were just a stones throw away from that growing up from that Depot in Durand, Michigan, although Durand is also know for the amount of trains as they used to be a major switching hub. Great picture of you and your father and good luck on your retirement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis