Time for an Upgrade? Infinity Primus 363 and 351...

A

AndyChia

Enthusiast
I’ve had the same Infinity speakers for years (Infinity Primus 363 L+R, 351 center, 163s for the sound and rear). Also running two SVS PB200 Pro Subs as well as 2 Klipsch 3800’s for ceiling (Atmos soeKers). AVR is Denon 4500. Need to see what your opinion is about upgrading the front three to Klipsch rp-8000f’s and center Klipsch to-504c? Dramatic difference?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve had the same Infinity speakers for years (Infinity Primus 363 L+R, 351 center, 163s for the sound and rear). Also running two SVS PB200 Pro Subs as well as 2 Klipsch 3800’s for ceiling (Atmos soeKers). AVR is Denon 4500. Need to see what your opinion is about upgrading the front three to Klipsch rp-8000f’s and center Klipsch to-504c? Dramatic difference?
Definitely a dramatic difference!
Many are still critical of Klipsch despite some good performance in these models.
I would suggest you audition these before buying!

A

AndyChia

Enthusiast
Definitely a dramatic difference!
Many are still critical of Klipsch despite some good performance in these models.
I would suggest you audition these before buying!
You believe they will sound a lot better than the Primus? I’m what way do you think they will perform better!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Klipsch towers might be an upgrade, but the Klipsch center is a downgrade from the Primus. If you want a speaker set that is an upgrade in every respect, look at the Paradigm Premier towers and center speakers.

A

AndyChia

Enthusiast
just curios why the 594c would be a down grade? The reviews seems really positive and it’s a beast in relation to size. The Paradigms sound I retesting and I watch a couple of reviews. Is that what you’re running?

A

AndyChia

Enthusiast
just curios why the 504c would be a down grade? The reviews seem really positive and it’s a beast in relation to size. The Paradigms sound Interesting and I watched a couple of reviews. Is that what you’re running?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You believe they will sound a lot better than the Primus? I’m what way do you think they will perform better!
I believe they sound better, but that doesn't mean you will. In my subjective experience, horns have a different sound character from other speakers and you should not buy them unless you have heard them or have an easy return option!
If you had asked about the Infinity Reference series (towers are currently on sale, see below), that would be an easy yes because they share a lot of the sound of your Primus, only better!
However, if you like the characteristics of the Klipsch w/horns, you may well prefer it over the Infinity Reference!

My main point is Klipsch is not, IMHO, a speaker to buy blind! You should have spent time with them before committing to them.

If you do want to buy them, get a quote from Corey of Paducah Home Theater:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
just curios why the 594c would be a down grade? The reviews seems really positive and it’s a beast in relation to size. The Paradigms sound I retesting and I watch a couple of reviews. Is that what you’re running?
The Klipsch center would be a downgrade because its off-axis performance is bound to be subpar. That is inherent to the design. It might not be so bad if the speaker is aimed right at you, but if you listen off to the side you are going to get have problematic sound. Its lateral reflections will be compromised as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis