Funkoid

Funkoid

Enthusiast
I have at last got my new minimalist setup installed. Question is do I go off the AV measured crossovers or set them manually.

I'm running Kef T301 up front, T301c center and Kef Cr130QR ceiling speakers.

The 300 series crosses over at 120Hz, for some reason the amp has set the left and rights to 150Hz and the center to 120Hz. The ceiling units have also been set at 150Hz but have a much wider frequency response.

I'm doing no harm running them all in these ranges but I'm wondering what I should trust.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
You can safely set them higher but if you set them lower you will get gaps in the room correction filters. Also remember that the rule of thumb is to set the crossover at double the -3dB point of the speakers for a smooth transition, this is a very general rule with lots of exceptions so everyone should try different crossovers to find what works best in their room and setup.

If you think the auto setup set them too high run auto setup again and make sure there is nothing wrong with the run like too much background noise and so on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
I just looked at the t301 speaker specifications and they dont say if the frequency response is at -3dB or -6dB or something else and its at 80Hz so a 120-150hz crossover sounds reasonable.
But no reason not to run auto setup again to make sure everything is right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis