This is literal snake oil!!!

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I picked up this nonsense posted on a classical music website, from a guy named &quot;Rick&quot;. This is literal snake oil, bottle and all!<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CD tweaks have always been the subject of controversy. Skeptics have scoffed “that bits are bits” and that tweakers have hyperactive imaginations. But I’ve recently encountered a product that to my ears simply defies any glib appeal to placebo effect as an explanation. The product is called Shine Ola (no! not the shoe polish) and I will quickly add I have absolutely no connection (financial or otherwise) to the people who make it. I’m simply a satisfied customer. It was briefly mentioned in a Positive Feedback review of the Meitner SACD/CD player as being one of the few CD cleaners that was safe to use on SACD hybrid discs. So I figured I’d take a chance. Even if it didn’t sound better, at least I’d have cleaner discs.

To be brief, CDs and SACDs sound more focused and attractive when treated. But of much greater importance, the discs, especially CDs, sound far more musical and expressive. Dynamic nuancing, musical line, articulation, rhythmic inflection, chordal balances are all more clearly apparent on a treated disc vs. an untreated disc. Treated CDs actually sound musically superior to my ears compared to untreated SACDs, though SACD re-establishes its superiority when it is treated. In fact, SACDs sound exquisite with Shine Ola. I’ve also found that it improves the sound and picture on DVDs. The picture seems sharper with better color integration.

The theory behind Shine Ola is that most discs still retain a residue from the mold releasing compound used when they are being manufactured. By removing this layer as well as any gunk accumulated through normal usage, the error correction circuitry is engaged significantly less which results in less degradation of the signal. It is not being argued that it is changing the bits on the disc. A poster on Audio Asylum says a friend of his at IBM actually tested Shine Ola’s claim and found it did in fact lower the number of errors read. In fact, other CD cleaners actually increased the error correction rate.

In any event, FWIW, I thought I would pass my experience on. If you’re the type who can hear the difference between analog and digital, CD and SACD, or different remasterings of the same CD and also care about the difference, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.</td></tr></table></font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>LIke the old cliche goes, he doesn't know s*** from Shine Ola!

And how much would you bet that &quot;Rick&quot; is actually a company flack? The whole post smells a bit like it was written by an ad copywriter to seem like a &quot;spontaneous&quot; endorsement. It's just a bit too pat.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Man, I only made it part of the way into that one. What a d;p$h;t!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
<font color='#000000'>So according to that logic I should sell my denon, get a $49 apex, use a black magic marker on the edges and use shine-ola on the surface and I will have just as good as sound. LOL
&nbsp;
What a dip$hit is right. hahahah!!!!</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>A few of the deceived over at that site were actually interested in this stuff! One even told me I was &quot;disrespectful&quot; for making fun of Rick's fraudulent claims. Some said in a nice way that his claims &quot;didn't make any sense&quot;, and one guy told me $25 wasn't too much to spend just to &quot;try out&quot; the product. I'll say $25 is a hell of a lot of money to spend on something that's probably little more than rubbing alcohol, especially if it damages you're discs! I'm going back there and giving them all a piece of my mind! I might use some of you guys' clever comments if you don't mind. Yes, the state of high end audio really is in shambles.</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
jeffsg4mac : <font color='#000000'>So according to that logic I should sell my denon, get a $49 apex, use a black magic marker on the edges and use shine-ola on the surface and I will have just as good as sound. LOL

What a dip$hit is right. hahahah!!!!</font>
<font color='#000000'>This guy actually claims that this stuff will make CD superior to SACD! How can he say that when there is nothing superior to SACD/DVD-A to compare it to? What a load!!!
Even the worst, most subjective audio magazine reviewer wouldn't touch this stuff, or would they?
</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
A. Vivaldi : <font color='#000000'>Even the worst, most subjective audio magazine reviewer wouldn't touch this stuff, or would they?
</font>
<font color='#000000'>Of course they would! Wanna bet a glowing review appears within the year in Stereophool or TAS?</font>

D

dasquared

Enthusiast
Now come one guys...maybe he coats his discs in peanut butter or something...then some of these claims may hold water... ;)

"Dynamic nuancing, musical line, articulation, rhythmic inflection, chordal balances are all more clearly apparent on a treated disc vs. an untreated disc."
Sounds alot like he's trying to make non-scientific opinion (with flawed reasoning to boot) sound scientific. I'm a newbie to real HT topics, but I can't believe anyone's THAT much of a newbie to buy this crap...

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
How come some of the responses are seperate from the previous, but some are cascaded within the response?

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Is this snake oil?????????????????????????????????????

I found this while viewing auctions on StereoVile.

Well here it is for your viewing pleasure!

Cheers :eek:
http://www.dakiom.com/

Audio Feedback Stabilizers Customer Service Contact Us FAQ

NEW! XLR Version of R103 (X103)

"...vocalists and solo instruments are denser (more solid), with finer natural textures and greater intimacy."
-Martin DeWulf, Bound For Sound Magazine
"The bass was noticeably tighter and the sound stage took on a new presence."
-Shane Mattson, Soundreproduction.com
2004 CES/T.H.E. Show [ Pictures + Report ]
Improves Sound Quality

The DakiOm Feedback Stabilizer is a NEW and revolutionary patented device that greatly improves the sound quality of your existing stereo system or home theater.

It works by suppressing the unstable signal fluctuations that can cause instabilities in audio electronic circuits. They act like high tech electronic "shock absorbers".

A103 Feedback Stabilizer
Just attach to the speaker outputs of your Amplifier, Receiver, Car Stereo, Powered Subwoofer, etc.

R103 Feedback Stabilizer
Just attach it to any audio player: DVD, CD, DAC, Preamp, VCR, Tape, Receiver Preout, and more.

Hear and Feel the Difference

DakiOm Feedback Stabilizers help your audio system reproduce musical details you have never heard before.

Clearer Sounds, Full of Texture
- Tight, Solid, Thundering Bass
** Not Noisy or Boomy **
- Listen to music at high volume
levels with much less distortion
- Musical Melodies and Rhythms
from Instruments and Vocals
** Not Blurred or Confused ** The Best Upgrade for Your Stereo

DakiOm's Feedback Stabilizer works with even low cost home or car stereos to produce high fidelity sound that rivals the quality of much more expensive "audiophile" stereos. It will also make hi-end systems sound even better!

Before investing lots of money on fancy new amplifiers, CD players, exotic cables, or other tweaks, install a set of Feedback Stabilizers. It's one of the easiest and most cost effective ways to enjoy better music and movie sound effects.
Order today for a home trial!

... SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER ... REVIEWS: What People are Saying
People who have heard a system with Feedback Stabilizers agree that this technology is for real.
Read The Reviews Here...
Complete R103/A103 Set - $197 value for just
$77.00 << click here >>

Consult our New Advice Wizard
Learn how to equip your audio system with Feedback Stabilizers. 30-Day Total Satisfaction Guarantee
We are confident you will be impressed. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will refund the shipping costs BOTH ways! There's nothing to lose by buying from DakiOm! Click Here for Details

Home - Products - Reviews - How to Install - Technology - News & Views - Advice Wizard - Special Offer
Customer Service - Contact Us - FAQ - CES Report

Send email to web@dakiom.com with questions or comments about this web site.
© 2004 DakiOm.com All Rights Reserved.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis