This is getting really old!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I am an avid sports fan. I love to watch college basketball (Jayhawks), the NFL (KC Chiefs), and MLB (St Louis Cardinals). It is really driving me crazy to see my teams do well just to fall apart when it matters most. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to follow teams that have a history of playing well.. I am just getting tired of getting my hopes up for next year. I realize there is quite a bit of the NCAA basketball season left and the Hawks are not out of it by any means.. But come on... a loss at home to an unranked team??
ARRGH! :mad:

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
It could be worse. You could be a Detroit Lions fan.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
rgriffin25 said:
But come on... a loss at home to an unranked team??
ARRGH! :mad:
The "unranked" team that beat you has also beaten Texas on their home floor, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma in the past two weeks and has won 7 straight games in conference play. I think you just ran into a buzz saw that was fully spun up rather than your team simply folding...

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Rip Van Woofer said:
It could be worse. You could be a Detroit Lions fan.
OHHH good point. Barry Sanders is from Wichita, I have been to his dad's house to install some TVs. Really nice guy!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Leprkon said:
The "unranked" team that beat you has also beaten Texas on their home floor, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma in the past two weeks and has won 7 straight games in conference play. I think you just ran into a buzz saw that was fully spun up rather than your team simply folding...
Yeah with that kind of record they should be getting close to the top 25. It is just tough seeing KU lose at home. They should bounce back, Great coach and a pretty good team as well.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Well its official, I have to wait until next year or for one of my other favorite teams to disappoint. :mad:

Maybe I should take up fishing.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Personally, I always cheer for the under dog.

This year, my boys are called:

Bucknell, Vermont, and UW-Milwaukee

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

sjdgpt said:
Personally, I always cheer for the under dog.

This year, my boys are called:

Bucknell, Vermont, and UW-Milwaukee
Well, I can understand cheering for the underdog. However, I have been a lifelong Jayhawk fan and I must say this season was pretty darn disappointing. How does a team with 4 seniors that have Final Four experience not get past the first round? Simply unbelievable!

OH well now I am left wondering if I should even get excited about juiceball or I mean baseball.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
I won big time with Kansas once

Griff,

I know less than jack about NCAA bball, but several years ago, I entered the company NCAA pool.

We paid $5 and were given four teams (pulled from a hat), I was sorely dissapointed to get Kansas, Michigan (fab four or five or whatever they called themselves), Duke and NC.. Imagine my surprise when three made the final four and Kansas won. Luck of the draw.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Mudcat said:
Griff,

I know less than jack about NCAA bball, but several years ago, I entered the company NCAA pool.

We paid $5 and were given four teams (pulled from a hat), I was sorely dissapointed to get Kansas, Michigan (fab four or five or whatever they called themselves), Duke and NC.. Imagine my surprise when three made the final four and Kansas won. Luck of the draw.

Damn, sounds like a secretary in an office football pool that predicted teams to win based upon the school's colors. She picked 19 of 20 winners one week to win the pool .... one of those weekends that Nebraska, Florida and a couple other big name, top 25, schools went down in flames to the 37 point underdogs.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I live in Phila and also had a superbowl party. How do you think my guests and myself felt. Only home team supporters showed. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis