Thinking of upgrading to ELAC speakers.

S

SVSDual

Enthusiast
Selling my Slim Ub5's of
Hello all,
I’m interested on getting ELAC speakers but I don’t know which model should I get.
Currently I own Polk RTIA7 speakers and I thought the ELAC would give a more audiophile and high end sound.
My budget for two speakers are $1000.

thank you in advance
:)
Just bought the UB5 2.0s so I'm selling my Slim Ub5's if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELAC-Uni-Fi-UB5-Slim-3-Way-Bookshelf-Speakers-Pair-Black-Perfect-Condition/303673961981?pageci=438878da-ec65-4785-980f-a6b155dfe984

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
How do you like the newer model comparing the two?
Sounds like Andrew trickled down the Adante's tweeter & midrange down to these ver 2.0 Uni-fi at a charity price!! I paid beacoup bucks for the Adante series!! (Makes me mad at the Uni-fi 2.0 freeloaders!! Understandably!! lol ) Either way, if you guys have never heard the Adante before, you're in for a treat.

S

SVSDual

Enthusiast
Sounds like Andrew trickled down the Adante's tweeter & midrange down to these ver 2.0 Uni-fi at a charity price!! I paid beacoup bucks for the Adante series!! (Makes me mad at the Uni-fi 2.0 freeloaders!! Understandably!! lol ) Either way, if you guys have never heard the Adante before, you're in for a treat.
Lol Well this is great to hear. I didn't know this about the Adante stuff. Wow

The wait is killing me lol

S

SVSDual

Enthusiast
Hello, what is reason of selling? Do you upgrade?
I think elac are good speakers!
Yes, just ordered the Unifi 2.0's and just trying to make some of the money back for wife approval purposes lol.

But yeah I love my original ub5 slims. The sound and build on them is seriously amazing, and as silly as it sounds I mainly ordered these new ones for the aesthetics. The smoothed out aluminum woofer is beautiful to me, and even though most people don't prefer vinyl finishes I really like the black ash and they match my subs perfectly. This is the exact look I've been wanting in a speaker to be honest, and the fact that it came in the newer 'more improved' version of what I already love is just great.

If they actually sound better to me it'll just be a nice bonus. Really planning on these being my last speaker upgrade. Jones did an amazing job with these speakers, imo.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Yes, just ordered the Unifi 2.0's and just trying to make some of the money back for wife approval purposes lol.

But yeah I love my original ub5 slims. The sound and build on them is seriously amazing, and as silly as it sounds I mainly ordered these new ones for the aesthetics. The smoothed out aluminum woofer is beautiful to me, and even though most people don't prefer vinyl finishes I really like the black ash and they match my subs perfectly. This is the exact look I've been wanting in a speaker to be honest, and the fact that it came in the newer 'more improved' version of what I already love is just great.

If they actually sound better to me it'll just be a nice bonus. Really planning on these being my last speaker upgrade. Jones did an amazing job with these speakers, imo.
Thank you SVSdual, I’ll let you know.

S

SVSDual

Enthusiast
How do you like the newer model comparing the two?
Just got them in earlier and just now really sitting down with them. Fresh out of the box, I can say they're 'smoother' sounding overall. Seems like more top end, or just clearer top end and more refined. Vocals are very nice. I'm using 2 subs crossed over at 60hz, and i think the bass sounds fuller with these mixed with my subs vs the originals. They sound more lively at low volumes compared to the originals, probably due to being 6ohms vs 4ohms.

The imaging and soundstage was already amazing on the originals, but the smoothness of the sound with these just makes it all that much better.

"Smooth" is the thing that sticks out to me the most. If silk had a sound, it would be this lol

Gonna see what changes with 'break in' and report back if anything. So far I'm impressed and any fear of regret is pretty much gone. I'm already in love

Edit: Accuracy. I'm playing an album that I've recently been playing on the originals and everything just sounds more 'accurate' and in its place with these. If that makes sense. Everything feels nice and contained, vocals sitting right on top of the beat and instruments.

If it gets better from here, I'm thrilled

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis