These good products?

S

SkeptiKal

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I currently have 5 speakers that use the black and red wires (analog?) hooked up for my sound system now. &nbsp;They are just hooked up to my stereo thats hooked up to my tv. &nbsp;Anyways, being a cheapy I was just looking at using these speakers with a new reciever and sub to get better sound.

I was thinking of getting the Panasonic SA-XR25 reciever and a Athena ASP300 sub.

Would this be a good movie combining these components with the speakers that I have as maybe a temporary solution?

Also can someone suggest a speaker set thats a good price/performance combo if my above set up will not do?

Thanks guys, I am a newb so sorry for the newb questions.</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>The Athena you've chosen is a really nice sub.  Would also recommend the step up-the 400.  You'll get a little deeper/fuller sound if you can stretch the budget a bit.  If you're interested in upgrading your speakers, I'd highly recommend looking into the surround system Athena offers also.

As for the Panasonic, IMO, you could do better.  If you want a slim unit due to lack of space, look into the JVC RX-DV3SL or 31SL (hate to do this, but I'm selling one right now in the classifieds section.  Could save some big $$ that could go towards speakers or a better sub).  I didn't see you mention a DVD player in your setup, the JVC is a receiver and a progressive scan DVD player combination and it will probably out perform the Panasonic.

If space is not a consideration, check out the Onkyo TX-SR501, the Denon AVR-1604, and the Marantz SR4400.  All are nice units and would give you greater flexibility, probably more &quot;real&quot; power, and better sound.

Also, look into digital cable (optical or coaxial, i prefer coax due to optical's fragility).  This will give you the true surround experience!

Good luck!</font>

S

SkeptiKal

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Im on a tight budget so Im trying to get the best price/performance out of the components I buy.

I will go for the sub then (300$ CDN) but I guess I will have to look a bit more for getting a reciever. &nbsp;I read some good reviews on that Pansonic so thats why I was thinking of buying it (430$ Canadian). &nbsp;I currently have a Pansonic Progressive Scan DVD Player as well so I don't need another one.

Space is not a real concern, just money is.

Oh if you guys know any website or any cheaper places in Canada where you would recommend to get stuff please let me know. &nbsp;Im going by futureshop prices currently.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis