There was the Leslie, now there's a Megaleslie!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I can tell you a funny story about the Leslie speaker with its rotating speaker.

When my eldest sister got married she chose this church in Hartley in Kent near where she was living at the time

The problem was there was no organ, but there was an old harmonium.

My father decided to rent an electric organ from and eccentric guy living in a small terraced house in Chatham.

So we turn up there on the morning of the wedding. This guy was building a pipe organ in his house, and had pipes and wind chests stuck in every nook and cranny round the house.

So he goes to get this organ to put it in his van. I note right away the speaker for the organ is a Leslie speaker. So I tried to explain to my father what a Leslie speaker was, and how unsuitable it was to accompany singing. My father had him cart the thing out to the Church anyway.

So, the guy set it up and started to play it, and it belted out its wow wow pitches, which given the roof was thatched, their was zero reverberation and it sounded really awful.

The guy asked my father, "Ow du you like the 'owl arowoand'? At this point my father was having conniptions. So the guy said he would take the belt off to the rotating speaker. It still sounded awful, so my my father paid him off and had him take it back home. The organist used the harmonium.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can tell you a funny story about the Leslie speaker with its rotating speaker.

When my eldest sister got married she chose this church in Hartley in Kent near where she was living at the time

The problem was there was no organ, but there was an old harmonium.

My father decided to rent an electric organ from and eccentric guy living in a small terraced house in Chatham.

So we turn up there on the morning of the wedding. This guy was building a pipe organ in his house, and had pipes and wind chests stuck in every nook and cranny round the house.

So he goes to get this organ to put it in his van. I note right away the speaker for the organ is a Leslie speaker. So I tried to explain to my father what a Leslie speaker was, and how unsuitable it was to accompany singing. My father had him cart the thing out to the Church anyway.

So, the guy set it up and started to play it, and it belted out its wow wow pitches, which given the roof was thatched, their was zero reverberation and it sounded really awful.

The guy asked my father, "Ow du you like the 'owl arowoand'? At this point my father was having conniptions. So the guy said he would take the belt off to the rotating speaker. It still sounded awful, so my my father paid him off and had him take it back home. The organist used the harmonium.
Never heard of an application like that! Big fan of the Hammonds with Leslies, but with appropriate content and skills. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis