superman180

superman180

Audioholic
I am looking to purchase theater seating, I would like to find black leather recliners in a row of three with the built in cup holders for around 1000.00 total. I have been on several sites selling them but I would like to get some feedback on build quality and value. Can anyone comment on certain manufactures or web sites they have bought these thru that are offering a good legitimate deal? I have looked on 4 seating.com and they seem to be reasonable but I question the quality. I understand at this price point I may not have full leather, but at least where you will be touching would be fine. And I am 6’3”and 290 pounds so I need them to be built fairly sturdy, if you know what I mean. ;)

Any advice will be appreciated! Thank you.
Mike.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hello
$1,000 for (3) good quality chairs (leather) is a bit of a stretch (leather quality and construction of the chair)
I looked at alot of different brands some at the recent CES Some of the one I looked at looked were no better built than the K-Mart type furniture
Berkline was the best bang for the buck that I could find for my clients
I have not seen the Lazy Boy but I am a pretty big boy too and the 090
is the smallest I would want in my HT room Costco did have a set of 3 chairs
in there store they were the basic chairs not sure of the price

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
I agree with RLA - $1000 for three leather recliners is a near impossible task. I have 6 Berkline 090 recliners. All leather. I got mine at Blacklion.com. They'll send you swatches of the different leather colors and qualities. One way to save is to get leather only on the areas your body touches with matching vinyl on the sides/back. That saves a bit, but not as much as you'd think.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I looked into cinema seating a while ago. Some of the quality manufacturers that we found included Berkline, Omnia, Elite, and Pallister. I don't believe that any were in your price range. Consider visiting a local store and trying to purchase a floor model. Our local store wanted to move some of their floor model's to make room for new models. They offered 30% off and I got the distinct impression that I could have talked them down even more.

Good luck.

superman180

superman180

Audioholic
Thanks for the posts; I figured 1000,00 for three was a stretch. I did go to a local shop and the quoted me 1080.00 for three recliners out the door but I have no idea how good of quality they are. I am sure they are cheap and they only use leather where you touch. I may have to go with these due to budget constraints at this time. I have a new baby on the way and my better half put a cap on my spending :( . I hope they will last until I can afford to build my dedicated room.

Thank you.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I am currently looking at the Costco chairs. They are 3 in a curve and I think they are by Berkline. They come with the auto elictric recline feature and are at costco.com for about 2200. Delivered and setup. If i could of got them when they were instore they were 1800. I sat in them with my brother who is 6'7" +or- and around 290 he stated they fit him well, I am shorter and I liked them. If i can get up the money before they are out of stock I will be ordering the set in about a week.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I went through this dilema last fall and I will make one suggestion. Go shopping with cash in hand. You will be suprised at what kind of deals can be found. I bought a $1800 leather couch (with two end recliners and an ottoman for the middle section) for $600. I guess someone bought it took it home long enough to decide that the color was not going to work for them. So they had it on the sales floor marked down to $775. I asked them how low they would go and they said $600 cash. I said sold!

I have had it since the beginning of Sept and I still wonder how I pulled that one off. :)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Also, once you negotiate the price down as low as they will go, ask if it will make a difference if you pay with American Express or cash. AmEx will charge around a 7% processing fee so most retailers will give you an extra 5% off if you'll pay cash.

ziggster

ziggster

Enthusiast
any one have any experience with the berkline 083 series? I am looking to get some theater seating for my living room, so I need to make a compromise and get at least one sofa. I really like the idea of the center section of the sofa folding down into an armrest and little table during movie time, but I can't find anywhere local so far that stocks these so I can actually sit on one.... any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I have a set of 8 la-z-boys. Got them 2 years ago and love them.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Here are some photos of the La-z-boys in the theater.

Last edited:
ziggster

ziggster

Enthusiast
you might want to check out htmarket.com, theaterseat.com or htauthority.com. I'm not sure if you can find leather for that price, but these seem to be the cheapest places for the sets i'm looking at. hope that helps

majorloser

majorloser

Berline is the way to go. I have five of their theater seats with electric recline.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
My advice is to just start checking out local stores and see what they have on the showroom floor; find one you like and see what deal they will make you on the floor model, just look it over and make sure it doesn't have any flaws, or point out the flaws to get a better deal. I just got a new La-z-boy this weekend (my first la-z-boy, I'm thrilled! I've been missing out big time!). I thought it was a perfect fit, just pricey, retail $900+, was on sale for $799, got the floor model for just over $500, not a blemish on it, now I just have to juggle furniture to make it fit! Like Tom suggested, ask about the best price they can do for a cash purchase. As long as it's a local dealer, I generally try to offer cash for all purchases to get that extra 2 or 3% off. The hard part is having the cash!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis