Theater Research is so hip!

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I like how the pictures of their CES booth show it being completely ignored.

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
HAHAHA. One of my friends bought those speakers http://www.trtheaterresearch.com/homespeaker/tr-2800-2801.html
from a guy in an SUV for 200 dollars.

She is not the audiophyle type but even she noticed that somthing was missing when she got them home. Ive known about those speakers for a long time and she called me over to see them and i knew in a heartbeat that she fell for the prank.

John

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
HAHAHA. One of my friends bought those speakers http://www.trtheaterresearch.com/homespeaker/tr-2800-2801.html
from a guy in an SUV for 200 dollars.

She is not the audiophyle type but even she noticed that somthing was missing when she got them home. Ive known about those speakers for a long time and she called me over to see them and i knew in a heartbeat that she fell for the prank.

John
Because of my mood I will poke fun at part of your post, I hope you don't mind but this is me trying to suffice my boredom.:D

There is a big difference between a prank and a scam. A prank would be like a practical joke, like "ha ha, you are silly I can't believe you fell for that. Here is your money back, LOL"

Scam- "Ha ha, moron, I mean good luck with those awesome TR speakers, they are awesome. Cool, now I have beer money!"

And so there that is.;)

The link you provided makes me laugh, the tweeter is supposed to look like a ribbon tweeter, but you can obviously see (even in their picture), there is a plain old crap 2" tweeter in there.LOL:rolleyes:

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
If you read their page it clearly tells you everything you need to know about them.

"Cutting edge professionals"

My guess is they are speaking about the guy with the razor blade cutting lines for them to snort because of all the money they just made from morons.:D

"TR-THEATER RESEARCH's standard policy is to never get satisfied."

They tell you plain out that you aren't going to like what they have.

"The customer is No.1"

They tell you plain out that you are no 1 to them.:cool:

I'd buy BOSE before I would buy from them, and I HATE BOSE.:eek:

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
Haha, the drivers are made of paper.. maybe made of ERS paper though. You know, the really good sounding expensive stuff.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I like how the pictures of their CES booth show it being completely ignored.
Do you really think they were at CES?
I don't.
It looks like they set up a display in their own warehouse.

Are you guys sure their not legit?
They have a 'Consumer Warranty Division':D
Your negativity is really bringing me down.:(

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do you really think they were at CES?
I don't.
It looks like they set up a display in their own warehouse.

Are you guys sure their not legit?
They have a 'Consumer Warranty Division':D
Your negativity is really bringing me down.:(
You are just jealous they are superior to your Paradigm speakers.:D

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
You are just jealous they are superior to your Paradigm speakers.:D
Yeah, those Paradigms were a real rip-off. why pay so much for something that sounds so bad when you could go with DIGITAL speakers for a fraction of the price!!!

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
Oh and just so everyone knows. i REALLY DOUBT that they are legit because their phone number isnt even an actual landline at an actual place. I called it twice and the first time, it said that the nextel customer I am trying to reach is out of the service area and the second time, some asian guy picked up and he didnt even know what I was talking about for the first while when I asked about the speakers...

sounds a bit suspicious

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh and just so everyone knows. i REALLY DOUBT that they are legit because their phone number isnt even an actual landline at an actual place. I called it twice and the first time, it said that the nextel customer I am trying to reach is out of the service area and the second time, some asian guy picked up and he didnt even know what I was talking about for the first while when I asked about the speakers...

sounds a bit suspicious
I think it has been pretty clear they are a scam for more than a decade.;):D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis