The Upgrade Company Threatened Audioholics with Legal Action

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Good mornning,
I dont feel like talking on audio, my head is busy with getting my money back.
You'll never get your money back.

If you look to file a civil lawsuit against him, the lawyer and legal fees will exceed your loss.

You could file in small claims court which generally doesn't involve lawyers. While the cost to do so is small, most require that you be present. But let's say you can give your statement without being there and you win. Great. Now you have to collect and you can be sure that Schulte won't pay after a judgement. So now you have to hire someone to go after his money. That costs.

You can complain to the BBB but they have no ability to compel anyone and this will wind up in a he said/she said.

You can try contacting the Michigan Consumer Affairs division but unless you're a high profile case, it's unlikely you'll get a favorable response. It's free though.

You can file a report with IC3.gov. That's free too.

You can tell your story at various websites and try and cause some headaches.

Depending how you paid, you might seek restitution from them. How did you pay?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
OK, let's be real here, shall we?

We're sorry you got screwed but to try to fault the laws of this country and claim anti-semitism is a bit much.

This guy was a non discriminatory scumbag and would steal money from any race, religion or color. As for the laws here, there's no stopping someone from willingly throwing money at a shady vendor. That's called "caveat emptor", or a fool and his money are soon parted.

You shoulda done your homework before throwing your $$ at him. This thread and his legal issues were around long, long before you entered into your dealings with him.

zionist53

zionist53

Audiophyte
You'll never get your money back.

If you look to file a civil lawsuit against him, the lawyer and legal fees will exceed your loss.

You could file in small claims court which generally doesn't involve lawyers. While the cost to do so is small, most require that you be present. But let's say you can give your statement without being there and you win. Great. Now you have to collect and you can be sure that Schulte won't pay after a judgement. So now you have to hire someone to go after his money. That costs.

You can complain to the BBB but they have no ability to compel anyone and this will wind up in a he said/she said.

You can try contacting the Michigan Consumer Affairs division but unless you're a high profile case, it's unlikely you'll get a favorable response. It's free though.

You can file a report with IC3.gov. That's free too.

You can tell your story at various websites and try and cause some headaches.

Depending how you paid, you might seek restitution from them. How did you pay?
Thanks, I will follow your leads. I was a complete naive fool...paid via bank transfer...

zionist53

zionist53

Audiophyte
OK, let's be real here, shall we?

We're sorry you got screwed but to try to fault the laws of this country and claim anti-semitism is a bit much.

This guy was a non discriminatory scumbag and would steal money from any race, religion or color. As for the laws here, there's no stopping someone from willingly throwing money at a shady vendor. That's called "caveat emptor", or a fool and his money are soon parted.

You shoulda done your homework before throwing your $$ at him. This thread and his legal issues were around long, long before you entered into your dealings with him.
Hi,
First, i am not blaming no one but myself and schulte. I was naive and he took advantage.
No where in the net warnes from dealing with the guy. There were talks doubting the sonic nature of his upgrades..thats another story ( if he would supply i could comment..)

I hope you do not have an habbit of blaming the victim ( again, even if i wasnt that sharp)
Regarding the schulte racial comment, its just add up to the pile he is.
I ,btw, have not made the racial issue the main issue - although me being an out ofthe us costumer makes it easy forhim.
i live in my souverign country and can care less what someone in michigen thinks. Its a free world. The US of America still symbolise that world.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Good mornning,
I dont feel like talking on audio, my head is busy with getting my money back.
As much as I hate to say it, your best bet may be to take the ERC-3 that he offered. At least you get something for your $ that way.......something is better than nothing......and it seems like that is his plan.

zionist53

zionist53

Audiophyte
slipperybidness maybee you are right. Let see what happens. I still hope the guy come to his senses.

Last edited:
L

lallygagging

Audioholic Intern
As much as I hate to say it, your best bet may be to take the ERC-3 that he offered. At least you get something for your $ that way.......something is better than nothing......and it seems like that is his plan.
It has been over au year since anyone has posted on this thread so I am pretty sure that I will not get any response to this post.
But I would really like to know what the final outcome of zionist53's dispute with Dave Schulte was. Did he finally get his refund? Did he take the ERC-3, and if he did, did he like it?

ChemPharma

ChemPharma

Audiophyte
I have had an expensive lesson with this bipolar egomaniac David Schulte. He did fabricate some nice thick shielding power cables (running from Audio Research VTM-200 monoblocks to high-grade outlets) that were fitted with some soft metal male 3-prong terminations, wherein The ground prongs have snapped off both of the heavy cables (one of the ground prongs is still in outlet socket). I was given 5 year warranty and just recently inquired about repairing and he had the audacity to say I never paid for cables and I owe him over 6K still. I immediately sent picture copies of the 7500.00 Cashiers check from my bank. Where he stated I still owed him several K from 3 years ago! First contact with him just this month in nearly 3 years, wherein he and I both know there was not any outstanding balance. He went on to say that if I share this experience he just tried to pull, that I would be liable in court for damages. What a quack, crook and extortion artist. Would love to see karma become a realization and have it kick him square in the groin. He will cross the wrong person one day, never to be seen or heard from again.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have had an expensive lesson with this bipolar egomaniac David Schulte. He did fabricate some nice thick shielding power cables (running from Audio Research VTM-200 monoblocks to high-grade outlets) that were fitted with some soft metal male 3-prong terminations, wherein The ground prongs have snapped off both of the heavy cables (one of the ground prongs is still in outlet socket). I was given 5 year warranty and just recently inquired about repairing and he had the audacity to say I never paid for cables and I owe him over 6K still. I immediately sent picture copies of the 7500.00 Cashiers check from my bank. Where he stated I still owed him several K from 3 years ago! First contact with him just this month in nearly 3 years, wherein he and I both know there was not any outstanding balance. He went on to say that if I share this experience he just tried to pull, that I would be liable in court for damages. What a quack, crook and extortion artist. Would love to see karma become a realization and have it kick him square in the groin. He will cross the wrong person one day, never to be seen or heard from again.
really curious, why pay with a cashier's check?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome to AH. :)

I feel your pain.

ChemPharma

ChemPharma

Audiophyte
really curious, why pay with a cashier's check?
Sent cashiers check from bank as I wanted no delay in waiting for check clearance and their is no question then as to funds validity.. Plus it gave me a notary signature from bank representative for the validity of payment.

ChemPharma

ChemPharma

Audiophyte
Sent cashiers check from bank as I wanted no delay in waiting for check clearance and their is no question then as to funds validity.. Plus it gave me a notary signature from bank representative for the validity of payment.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$7500 for cables!? Phew... seems like this guy knows who to target, lol.

I just read all 8 pages of this thread and it's quite a story. I'm gonna assume UGC gave up trying to get gene to take down any posts since this thread dried up.

ChemPharma

ChemPharma

Audiophyte
Yes, I was a sucker. I get kid-like excitement which overrides my common sense, practicality and IQ at times when it comes to audio projects. However, my Cardas Audio Clear Beyond speaker cables (2.5M length) exceeded that price. But, they ARE worth every cent and are simply heavenly good (euphoric)! I generally want to believe people are basically good until proven otherwise. Well, I hope I re-opened the dried up thread and, better yet, I hope he threatens me, for he needs to be put in his place. In fact, I may zoom in via satellite with the exact geospatial coordinates of his location I've acquired to keep an eye on his crooked a**;). There is always another dog out there with a bigger bite.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
There are even more threads across the internet now than when this thread was current. Looks like a quick search will tell you all you need to know about this company and this guy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There are even more threads across the internet now than when this thread was current. Looks like a quick search will tell you all you need to know about this company and this guy.
Oh yeah. I followed a couple of links from this thread, which led to more links... I'm still reading about it even now. I feel like I got sucked into a good book and can't put it down! :p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Oh yeah. I followed a couple of links from this thread, which led to more links... I'm still reading about it even now. I feel like I got sucked into a good book and can't put it down! :p
There is nothing like a juicy scandal in the audio business! If you want something to really feast on, look up Mark Shifter and AV123.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just lifted this paragraph from his site under "Why Upgrade?"

Remember just 1 WiFi router alone emits a constant 2.4 billion RF pulses every second. Turn on your smart phone or tablet WiFi and note how many WiFi router options appear: each option is a steady 2.4 billion RF pulses per second soaking into your gear and cables every millisecond dramatically robbing power supplies everywhere billions of times faster then the actual signal content pulses. However the airwaves all around us are constantly filled with trillions of RF pulses each and every millisecond, with a million or more per second produced by most modern digital devices in and of themselves from onboard RF generators and RF generating switching type power supplies.

Wow. He's instilling doubt and using incomprehensively large numbers with just enough legitimate science and technical language sprinkled in there to make it sound like your gear is being bombarded, nay, soaked with trillions of harmful RF pulses every millisecond. I gotta say, looks like he did his homework as far as which demographic to target. Audiophools and Kool aid cable drinkers tend to have a ton of money and are pretty easy to convince with the right jargon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis