D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,

I posted over there in newbies section too {sorry} but I'm to darn impatient especially, when two of my rear surround sound speakers don't work probably due to novice error! I've tried other speakers to my in-wall wires on the same side and they don't work! sounds like I might be screwed,question is if my speakers got fried is it possible my wires are fried also! TIA digthis :confused:

annunaki

annunaki

Highly doubtful the wires are fried. This is nearly impossible under realistic (not deliberate) conditions. Unless one were usuing , say, 28 ga. wire for the rears over a long run. Is this the first time the DVD player is being hooked up? Make sure the Dolby Digital and DTS outputs are turned ON in the DVD player's setup menu. Make sure you are using the correct speaker wire for the corresponding speaker. (I know it is an obvious question.) Try that and then shoot some more info. :)

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,

I'm using isotec 16awg h2o free copper, It could be the way I run the systems wall-a used the amplified subwoofer to run front speakers, so when I went from wall-a to wall-b some how when running wire I didn't run wire for wall-b speakers, I don't know! I run straight from reciever to wall-b speakers and they work fine the existing wire in wall-b I can't get to work at all, unless the wires got fried somehow through the amplified subwoofer when I was changing wires around ,,,,the speakers on wall-b side have been sent to manufacturer because they quit working , had them tested at local audio store they confirmed them not working, so that makes me believe either the wires are fried or I didn't run wire for speakers to wall-b, I'm sure this doesn't make sense to you but I tried! TIA digthis

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,

I wired this set-up about six yrs ago when I built this house, you know I could have not run speaker wires for wal-b if I was using the subwoofer to push the front speakers on either wall,HMMM? I hope not , but I guess I could use the same set-up, but I just got a new reciever with seperate subwoofer out, Heck I can't even think why I had to do this to begin with,,
Dazed and Confuzed! digthis :confused:

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,

Duhhh! I didn't have a subwoofer out, that's why I had to run front speakers through subwoofer and out to front speakers! so I should have wires on the wall-b side{scratches head?!?!} whew! digthis

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,

No,,, I still can't get the wall-b speaker wires to work. Digthis

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hey,
Got a DIGITAL MULTI-METER and hooked two gator clips to the ends of some bailing wire and looped the speaker wires that are supposed to be bad, I touched the bailing wire a few times with both tips and had multiple readings, but when I check the wires physically they still don't work? probably doing something wrong there , like wrong kinda wire? I had my local dealer send my speakers to klipsch to check them out, cause they weren't working { rear surrounds at the time} they were out of warranty{ klipsch synergy quintets} but the dealer said they'd work it out, anyway if the speakers can't be fixed and the wire in the wall is bad, I thought of getting a couple of klipsch rf-10's or comparible{floorstanding speakers}and just connect from outside the wall and forget it! ANY THOUGHTS TIA digthis :mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis