The Ticketmaster ‘breach’: What You Need to Know

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Another threat! We definitely need to protect our privacy and our accounts. Some businesses we are dealing with don't take action to protect our information.

I've just received this email:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Another threat! We definitely need to protect our privacy and our accounts. Some businesses we are dealing with don't take action to protect our information.

I've just received this email:

Hackers unreal. You would think with the technology our country has access to, someone would figure out how to prevent hackers.

I saw these ways to kinda prevent a hacker getting into your stuff

• Step 1: Use Mobile-Based Payment Systems. ...
  • Step 2: Install and Use a Password Manager. ...
  • Step 3: Enable Multi-Factor Authentication on Your Accounts. ...
  • Step 4: Don't Fall for Phishing. ...
  • Step 5: Install a Security Suite. ...
  • Step 6: Get Help From the Experts. ...
  • Step 7: Stop Oversharing on Social Media.
But it appears big corporations, have pathetic tech.. First of all, it’s impressive how the hackers seem to embrace technology and are always at the cutting edge of new trends and developments. When a new vulnerability is exposed, they are immediately working on kits and tools to exploit it. At the same time, many companies are still stuck with servers running Windows R2 from 2012, antediluvian firewalls ( really really old) , Java plug-ins that require using a Firefox version from 2009… Hackers and companies aren’t playing in the same league when it comes to modernity and agility.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hackers unreal. You would think with the technology our country has access to, someone would figure out how to prevent hackers.

I saw these ways to kinda prevent a hacker getting into your stuff

• Step 1: Use Mobile-Based Payment Systems. ...
  • Step 2: Install and Use a Password Manager. ...
  • Step 3: Enable Multi-Factor Authentication on Your Accounts. ...
  • Step 4: Don't Fall for Phishing. ...
  • Step 5: Install a Security Suite. ...
  • Step 6: Get Help From the Experts. ...
  • Step 7: Stop Oversharing on Social Media.
But it appears big corporations, have pathetic tech.. First of all, it’s impressive how the hackers seem to embrace technology and are always at the cutting edge of new trends and developments. When a new vulnerability is exposed, they are immediately working on kits and tools to exploit it. At the same time, many companies are still stuck with servers running Windows R2 from 2012, antediluvian firewalls ( really really old) , Java plug-ins that require using a Firefox version from 2009… Hackers and companies aren’t playing in the same league when it comes to modernity and agility.
One to add: Use 2 factor authentication for important accounts. Since it is real-time and uses alternate methods, it is much harder to spoof.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A question with regard to USB Security Keys: IMO they represent the safest way to sign in to a website. Can they be used for logging on any site, or only with sites which provide for their use? I would get one if it definitely works with any website.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A question with regard to USB Security Keys: IMO they represent the safest way to sign in to a website. Can they be used for logging on any site, or only with sites which provide for their use? I would get one if it definitely works with any website.
We have USB keys and 2-factor via our corporate phones. We can use either and it is mandatory now. For both, you have to enable that site or app. to utilize that type of authentication (at least for us for corporate apps). I am not sure how it would work at the consumer level.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis