The Sony double, triple dip...

F

FourK

Audiophyte
Ever since Sony snapped up MGM I have been reading this crap about double-dipping by Columbia/TriStar, and how the MGM library is doomed now.

"First you get the dvd/features, then the Superbit, then the Superbit Deluxe, and finally the Special Collectors Edition." "Damn Sony putting out full-screen versions on one side and OAR on the other, what a disgrace".

Well I call it choice I haven't bought one Superbit nor do I plan to.

I do have 'two T2' dvd editions however...there is a third extreme edition I don't have, do I care? no, do I whine? no. These aren't CTS releases.

These whiners are just Sony-haters and can't stand the fact that HD DVD just took a huge boot to the nuts. Who said Warner is doing HD DVD anyway, get over it already.

Every Columbia/TriStar dvd I own was in perfect shape upon opening, but several Warner dvds including New Line I have opened in that STUPID snappercase were loose and scratched or smudged, also some MGM ones too.

In my experience CTS has been above average quality every time.

This ones the best I love this; "Sony lowers the bit-rate for the standard releases so they can bump the bit-rate back up for Superbit". Ya ok then buddy thanks for coming out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis