The Reciever becomes the NEW Cell Phone

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
A dedicated ONLY Surround Sound Reciever(Amp)would be nice. When did it become a computer, a network device and other gagets like Cell Phones have become. I wouldn't even mind if they got rid of the radio reciever part. Just a dedicated HOME THEATER AMP w/ Surround Sound, Cd Player, CD Recorder, Tape Deck connections and of course all with HDMI and Optic cable hook ups for sound and video, with LFE. Of course if there is such a Surround Sound Amp out there, it probably costs more than my house anyway. I guess I'm just venting alittle bit.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Ha..excellent point. I guess the manufacturers feel that the more crap they stuff inside a box will open the market up that much more for them, considering the extremely wide variety of uses people need these days. I kind of compare it to how I compare restaurants - Restaurant A has a hundred items on their menu, while they provide good variety, everything is rather mediocre to decent. Restaurant B only has a few select items on the menu, but they do them extremely well. It would be nice to see one of the standard companies out there produce an AVR that is built for us HT hobbyists with only what we need, and done so very well. I've said they should start removing the standard radio tuner feature from modern AVR's for years now - offer a tuner as a standalone device if it's that desired.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just a dedicated HOME THEATER AMP w/ Surround Sound, Cd Player, CD Recorder, Tape Deck connections and of course all with HDMI and Optic cable hook ups for sound and video, with LFE.
"I just want an AMP...well, with this...and that...and this other thing...and, oh yeah, that, too...but that's IT." :D

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
Thanks fellas. At least I don't feel alone.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis