Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Just wanted to give some ink/pixels to a cool band that just snuck under my radar. &nbsp;They're called the Ravenettes, and they're a two-piece group from Europe with an interesting sound. &nbsp;They're kinda retro, with an enormous, hugely distorted wall of sound over a faux-Jan&amp;Dean vibe. &nbsp;Very hard to describe, but easy to enjoy. &nbsp;Their first album is an EP called &quot;Whip It On&quot;; this is their best work. &nbsp;They also have a new album called &quot;Chain Gang of Love&quot;, not as good but still worthwhile.

The albums were recorded with ProTools, yet don't sound at all 'digital' in the classic sense. &nbsp;Really analog and very cool.

Check this one out!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Actually it's the Raveonettes--from Denmark. &nbsp;After a great EP, they really caught my ear with &quot;Great Love Sound&quot;. &nbsp; Definitely a Jesus and Mary Jane flashback...</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Sorry, I'm either I'm a crappy speller or they are! &nbsp;Still, really great band, though.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis