The Paradigm Speaker Owners Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
You could always sell what you don't need. ;) I think you already know from here and AVS Forum that people seem to be split down the middle on Premier vs Prestige. As I get older I find myself leaning more towards more neutral or warm speakers but there are plenty that push the Prestige as being better. I agree that it would likely be more of lateral move but it's still fun to compare.
If these were the 95Fs, I'd be all over them. Even the 85Fs would probably be enough to make me buy them. 75F, I'm on the fence about.

Like you said though, I could sell what I don't want, but that involves more work on my end. Plus having to deal with the wife's displeasure. That alone is probably not worth the hassle :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'm in a first aid course this week all week for work. Just out of chance, it's on the same block as the AV store that I've bought all of my Paradigm Speakers from. I've restrained myself from going in there all week, but today I had about a 1 hour break after my written exam this morning. So I made my way over there to check out the Founders speakers they have. All I can say is: wow (insert Homer Simpson drooling GIF here). Those are some damn nice looking speakers. Maybe next year..........

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Samurai
I'm in a first aid course this week all week for work. Just out of chance, it's on the same block as the AV store that I've bought all of my Paradigm Speakers from. I've restrained myself from going in there all week, but today I had about a 1 hour break after my written exam this morning. So I made my way over there to check out the Founders speakers they have. All I can say is: wow (insert Homer Simpson drooling GIF here). Those are some damn nice looking speakers. Maybe next year..........
I've been wanting to visit my local Paradigm rep as well, but they happen to have the 80F which is in my price range, so there's the temptation to get something new and shiny. The upgrade bug is hard to fight off sometimes. ;) After comparing the Monitor Audio Gold and JBL HDI-3600, though, I learned that my little Studio 20s will be hard to beat. Might be able to test the 80F in my home, which would be nice.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Getting that itch again.....love my founders and avm70 but now looking to upgrade subs......anyone have or heard the monolith 13" thx ultra? Have the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HPs now. Would it be a step up or wud i need to go to the 16" monoliths??

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Getting that itch again.....love my founders and avm70 but now looking to upgrade subs......anyone have or heard the monolith 13" thx ultra? Have the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HPs now. Would it be a step up or wud i need to go to the 16" monoliths??
The Monolith 13" would have more deep bass output and about as much mid-bass output as the VTF-3. The Monolith 16" would have a whole lot more deep bass and mid-bass output. The Monolith 16" is such an absolute monster.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The Monolith 13" would have more deep bass output and about as much mid-bass output as the VTF-3. The Monolith 16" would have a whole lot more deep bass and mid-bass output. The Monolith 16" is such an absolute monster.
I'm so fascinated with that Monolith 16... I'm getting tempted :D

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
If it was 1 I'd have ordered it already....but u have to go duals and so it's at the very top of the budget.......damn gas prices! Lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis