The Official _/Unofficial/_ AH Drinking Game!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've been joking about this for far, far too long. It started up as an idea in my head after AH was inundated with people buying lower-tier B&W Speakers and coming on the Forum to find out why they sounded like @$$ once they set them up in their home. :) After that, there were... other topics of interest that lend themselves quite well to this concept. :D

Please note that this is most certainly completely unsanctioned and we must all remember to maintain control and responsibility.

NOT! :p

But seriously... don't do anything stupid. I am not responsible for your actions. If you choose to use this for evil, the karmic weight of your decision will be yours alone to bear. K? Good. :)

And now... without further ado:

The Official Unofficial Audioholics Drinking Game!
Drink every time somebody mentions the Built-In Subs in their Def Tech Speakers.​
Drink every time somebody posts about their 600 or 700 Series B&W Speakers sounding like @$$.​
Drink every time somebody posts about putting their gear in a Cubby/Built-in/ Entertainment Center... OR wants/has to put their system over and around a Fireplace.​
Drink twice if they blew up some of their gear because of it.​
Take a drink for any thread about Expensive Cables (costing more than standard fare from BJC).​
Drink twice if the poster doubles down on the amazing SQ improvements they heard.​
Take a shot every time the Russel Cable article is linked.​
Take a drink for every Bi-Amp or Bi-Wire thread.​
Take a drink every time someone recommends a brand that wasn’t included in the original poll.​
Take 2 drinks every time someone comments that this 10 yr old thread is outdated.​
Take 3 drinks for the suggestion that the thread be closed.​
Thread Specific: ANY REVIEW THREAD​
Take a drink for any review met with derision.​
Do a Shot PLUS a Drink for any comments questioning the value proposition. ... boilermakers, depth charges and sake bombs all count.​
Take 3 shots for any post suggesting that you can DIY a better solution. ...Two to the chest, one to the dome style!​
Take a drink for every review thread started without the linked review being LIVE.​
Do a Shot for any Steam Vent Thread Locked on the first page.​
Take a drink for every post a Subwoofer Buyer can't decide between Subs.​
Do a shot every time somebody claims Sealed Subs are better for Music, or just for any topic about which Sub is better for HT or Movies.​
Drink every time there is a thread about whether an Amp will make their Speakers sound better.​
Take a shot every time the SPL Calculator is linked.​

Cheers!

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Take a shot for every time a person comes here "looking for advice", but is really just looking for validation on a poor decision and gets butt hurt when you try to educate them.

Take a shot for every person looking for the best possible audio quality and then asks for sound bar recs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about for every thread a home buyer starts wondering how to use/identify all the unlabled ceiling speaker wires left behind....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Take a drink every time someone dismisses better subwoofage as the next obvious upgrade path...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
OK!!!
Before this goes further, I want to stop and say NO USER SPECIFIC DRINKS!
PLEASE.
Somebody will be unhappy and we won't get to have fun. :)

Believe me: I have a slew of those I thought about, including myself, even. :)

But please, let's keep the game fun and not mark single users on the forum.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Drinks for "The only place for TV is above the fireplace"

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Alright, I'm gonna start playing...
(10 minutes later):
ogh carp, mabye thish was a badidea...
(10 minutes after that):
folfma meakavv pijppfa

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
A shot anytime someone asks about cables that include the word "quantum" in their description.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A drink when someone wants recommendation for good speaker cable elevators!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Someone asks which power conditioner to buy. Same with power cords.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Take a shot for every time a person comes here "looking for advice", but is really just looking for validation on a poor decision and gets butt hurt when you try to educate them.
My liver would be toast just from this (but it would make the threads more bearable).

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
a drink for any time someone says sealed subs are for music and ported are for HT, or that sealed subs are "tighter"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis