The New World on One Hell of a Big Screen

R

Ric_Flair

Audiophyte
My wife and I went to see Terrence Malick's new movie, The New World, in downtown Boston at the Loews in Boston Commons. The movie was simply unbelieveable. And the theater...oh my god...it was amazing. The first weekend the film was open it was playing on their "premium" system (the best theater in the house, impressive considering there are 20 stadium style theaters in the one place).

I could not imagine a better experience to sell the power of cinema and technology--the perfect fusion of art and science. Malick is a master filmmaker of the first caliber. He makes films that could only exist as films (the 35 minutes of talking would make a flimsy book) and this system honored everything that he did with a fidelity that was simply stunning.

So, has anyone else had a notable experience--the best in cinema and the best in sound and video technology?

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I got to see Batman Begins at the MuviCo in Boca Raton FL. ABsolutely stunning. I remember finding out that that particular theatre was rated in the top 10 theatres in the US, by entertainment weekly. Huge screen, excellent sound, the ability to print tickets from home and bring them.

Top Notch.

When I start my chain of theatres it will be like that. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis