Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
ahhh the Ca Zephyr, rode it first back in '76, single level consist with a rounded dome observation. Nothing like sitting up in the dome during a big time lightning storm traveling through the corn stalks of Nebraska !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Rockin and Rollin through the 'Land of Lincoln' @ 110 mph. Nice cab ride !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
With an already shaky economy this is not the best of news ......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
W
With an already shaky economy this is not the best of news ......

Was just checking on the thread for your thoughts on this situation....definitely not a great time for it but seems overdue....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Good childhood memories around this name.
An old raised track near the subdivision where I live is now part of the Oak Leaf Trail, which is used for bicycles, walking, running and other non-motorized access- the bridge over the major street to the East has a Milwaukee Road sign on both sides and I have contacted the city to find a way to repaint the bridge and restore the sign, which was painted while I was a kid (I grew up in this area).

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Awesome. Keep working with the city to repaint that sign. The younger people need to know the history of where those trails came from.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Good news
Fingers crossed........

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Awesome. Keep working with the city to repaint that sign. The younger people need to know the history of where those trails came from.
It's actually the county, but I already received a response- only took a few hours and that's a huge surprise.

There should be no surprise to anyone that this was a railway because the wrangling over how to use the right of way took decades and the tracks were removed within the last ten years but what the county really should do is post photos of the trains where they used to travel, what they carried, where the old terminal was at the lakefront and the types of trains that we used to see.

The Wiki link shows the old station at the Milwaukee lakefront and was used until 1966- I remember going there when we went to Kansas, to see some family. The trains used to move past the drive along the lake and it was quite a sight.

majorloser

majorloser

I love that the trains are still running today and the strike is on hold. The USA can't afford for the railroads to come to a complete halt in operations.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
last week I met up with some fellow railroad buddies of mine and we did a day trip to the EBT (East Broad Top RR) in Orbisonia / Rock Hill Furnace, Pa. This little narrow gauge wonder is being resurrected and brought back to life. We got the grand tour, here's a pic inside the round house .....

EBT engie Hse copy.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis