highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's pretty sad what's going on in LA right now .......

and it appears the derailment over the weekend was probably caused by these scumbags
Apparently, local and state government doesn't see this as a problem.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nice 'snowscape' from Western NY today after yesterdays snowstorm.....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Out in Sherwood, Oregon there happens to be one of the finest live steam hobbyists railroads to be found anywhere. I had heard that the property was up for sale some time ago so I don't know if it even exists anymore. Regardless, take a look, you'll likely not see anything else like it !!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Winter over Donner Pass.......

enjoying morning coffee as it snows outside my window and watching one of my favorite parts of RR landscape in America

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have always loved this particular Virtual Railfan site:

only a 40 minute drive to west from where I live now, took my first ride there as a kid 60 years ago !

Check out the Greenville Jct, Me web cam, on the shore of Moosehead Lake. Only a couple trains a day (last one at the 1250 time stamp today) They are getting the effects of the Nor'Easter today. A lot of great memories for me for I snowmobiled there for twenty years (1991-2011)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ashland, another good one ! There's a nice B & B right behind the camera that I've stayed at several times.

here's a pic taken 15 years ago, 4 'old railroaders' (myself, buddy, my dad, another RR buddy), between the four of us over 160 years of railroading. We were asked to be part of the wedding pic(if you can believe that !), it's at the station right under the web cam......

railroaders Ashland, Va.jpg

there's even a 'audio' connection (my buddy's shirt) !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Crazy railroading up in the Empire State over the weekend. CSX sends a 15,000' frt train out of Syracuse up the Massena secondary only to have it stall, break down and the crew outlaw. Now keep in mind the biggest passing siding on that stretch of railroad is only a mile long ! For the life of me I can't imagine running that long a train, this time of year, let alone on one of the toughest winter weather pieces of railroad anywhere in the East !!

Southern mentality and winter weather, never a good combination !! :eek:

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
nice write up on the Empire Builder, another one of my favorite trains........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
nice write up on the Empire Builder, another one of my favorite trains........

just heard the inaugural run last week (2/8) the lead locomotive hit a vehicle at a grade crossing, not good !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis