The Good The Bad The Ugly

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
I dont understand the dynamics and specifications of speakers so can someone actually advise if this is a good, bad or okay spec for a 6 x 50 watts RMS Home Theatre speaker system , what is two-way spk and if someone can also explain what these mean :

Loudspeaker boxes
• Magnetically shielded front and center
• 4 Two-way satellite speakers (L, R, SL, SR)
- Frequency Range: 120Hz~20kHz
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Drivers: 3" full-range woofer
1" piezo
• Two-way Center speaker
- Frequency Range: 120Hz~20kHz
- Drivers: 2 x 3" full-range woofer
1" piezo
• Subwoofer with horizontal/vertical option
for flexible installation
- Frequency Range: 30Hz~120Hz
- Drivers: 6.5" high efficiency woofer

Audio performance
• Audio DAC : 24 bit, 192 kHz
• Signal to Noise ratio (1kHz) : >95 dB
• Frequency response : 30 Hz - 20 kHz

CLASS D Amplifier

Last edited:
krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
This is a sub par system unless you are paying 300$ or less for the entire setup.

Magnetic shielding means you can place the speaker near a tv monitor and it will not distort the image.

Two way means you have two seperate drive components in one speaker assembly. IE in your case a high range tweeter and a mid range woofer. In some cases you might have a 3 way speaker, like a large floorstanding speaker, and this would have a tweeter, mid range driver, and a low range woofer.

In most applications a 6.5 inch sub will not do the job. Problems arise like, frequ response ( total range your setup can reproduce), DB ( how loud it is), and distortion.

Impedance: 4 Ω means that the ohmic resistance is 4.

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
true, its an entry level system philips HTS LX3600D/69, but I guess its a decent bet for a medium sized room with 300 watts RMS.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
True but if you get as hooked on h/t as I did some time ago you will want your system to have upgrade capability.
On the other hand if you are just doing a one time purchase deal you will be fine. But if you were you would'nt be on this site now would ya. This is a very fun and addictive hobby, but pricey I'll warn!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
saurabh said:
true, its an entry level system philips HTS LX3600D/69, but I guess its a decent bet for a medium sized room with 300 watts RMS.
I didn't see the system on the Philips site, could be an older model. Is this what it looks like?

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/catalog.jsp?fhquery=fh_secondid=mx5600d_37_us_consumer&fh_location=//consumer/en_US/categories<catalog_us_consumer/categories<home_audio_video_gr_us_consumer/categories<home_theatre_systems_ca_us_consumer&&productId=MX5600D_37_US_CONSUMER&activeCategory=HOME_AUDIO_VIDEO_GR_US_CONSUMER&fredhopperpage=detail.jsp&language=en&country=US&catalogType=CONSUMER&proxybuster=PWPCT5DQ1TNCRJ0RMRESHQFHKFSEKI5P#

It's fine for what you paid for it. Good value for a HT setup. Sure, you'll be blown away with separates costing 2000-3000, but that's for down the road. Just remember, clipping blows speakers. If you want to listen to HT or music loud, keep the treble and bass level.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis