What type of games do you play?

• Total voters
N

no man

Audioholic
This threads about GAMES ( :eek: ), talk about your favorite game or an upcoming game that you're looking forward to.

N

no man

Audioholic
k, well i'll give a topic game: HALO 3! i know nothing of it, xbox 360 exclusive :D

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Favorites Arcade:

*Time Killers
*Killer Instinct
*Mortal Kombat
*The game with the sword
*Ninja Combat
*Rampart
*Rampage
*DragonSlayer
*Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
*Bionic Commando
*Gladiator
*Return of the Jedi
*Bloodstorm
*Joust
*Bump n' Jump
*Centipede
*Kung-Fu Master
*Silent Scope
*VirtuaFighter 2-4
*Shinobi
*Crossed Swords
*NARC
*Smash TV
*Robocop
*Bad Dudes

Favorites Computer:

*TSR 'Gold Box' RPG's: Pool of radience, Secret of the silver blades, curse of the azure bonds
*Wing Commander 1 & 2
*LeisureSuit Larry
*Oregon Trail
*Fallout 1 & 2
*Maniac Mansion
*Starcraft
*The Bard's Tale

Favorite Nintendo/Famicom:

*Castlevania
*Dragon Warrior
*Final fantasy
*Bionic Commando
*Metal Gear
*Gauntlet
*MegaMan 2

Favorites Sega Genesis:

*Budokahn
*Populous
*Altered Beast
*Phantasy Star
*Sonic the Hedgehog
*Earthworm Jim

Favorites Sega Saturn:

*PhantasyStar Online
*Deathtank (The easter-egg game from Duke Nuke 'Em)

Favorites Nintendo Gamecube:

*Pikmin

Favorites Sony Playstation:

*Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
*Gauntlet Dark legends
*Frogger
*Tempest X
*Wild Arms
*Legend of the Dragoon
*Deathtrap Dungeon
*Resident Evil
*Silent Hill

Favorites Sony Playstation 2:

*Silent Hill 2
*Fatal Frame
*Killzone
*Dance Dance Revolution
*Twisted Metal Black

Upcoming Games I'm looking forward to:

None as of yet.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I don't play a lot, but I like to play Age of Empires II on PC.

Age of Empires III graphics look insane!! Can't wait 'til it comes out this winter!!

N

no man

Audioholic
theres gonna be an age of empires 3?! wow haha i thought they just moved on to age of mithology, then rise of nations. never knew they were going back, now if only they would make a diablo 3...if only..I MISS DIABLO 2!!! (lod and the original, borrowed it from a friend, my accounts are way expired, can you bring back expired dudes?)

my favorite computer game is probably...well theres alot...probably diablo 2 LOD is up there, lvl 30+ necromancer hehe..not that high but it was awesome, i beat the game at like lvl 20 :p, i got a friend to rush me, final level my friend just told me to wait a sec, i do..i hear a yell, then its all good, final movie clip, and everyone wins :D

if i could get battle feild on my computer i would love it! too bad its a piece of ****..i feel as if i bought it at winners lol

ooooo!! NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2!! although i only rented if for the cube, and played it a few times at a friends on the computer, i love it! can't wait for the next one..whats it called, NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND HOT PERSUIT 3 or something like that?? i see enlightenment!
wowza

Rock&roll ninja --> you have no upcoming games to look forward too?! hmm.. i've got a massive one...HALO 3?!%$(#!!

maybe they'll let you use 2 beam swords..wouldn't that just kick ***??? ya know what would be awesome..to be able to sheild urself from melee attacks, a block button, and to be able to throw away your wepons at other people, say you have 2 beam swords and ur opponent is too far away, the ability to throw your beamsword at them, doing obviously less damage then a full swing at them (in most cases killing them..) but doing some ammount of damage..XBOX 360 KICKS ARSSSS!! :D

N

no man

Audioholic
alandamp said:
I don't play a lot, but I like to play Age of Empires II on PC.

Age of Empires III graphics look insane!! Can't wait 'til it comes out this winter!!
whats it gonna come out for other than computer, if anything?

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
no man said:
whats it gonna come out for other than computer, if anything?
Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up. I guess I didn't need to mention that I was playing a PC only game on PC. I don't think Age of Empires III will make it to a console system, but I could be wrong. You can check out the progress of the game at:

http://www.ageofempires3.com/

N

no man

Audioholic
i know its probably not going to be on a console but theres a slight chance, theres doing some crazy **** with consoles these days, maybe i could hook the xbox 360 up with my computer so that it temporarily uses its ram...then i could do alot more with my comp!

N

no man

Audioholic
i dont even know why i thought it could be on a console....i was reading about n4s most wanted, that'll probably be my first xbox game..

N

no man

Audioholic
Who here plans to play halo 3 online?? you'll see me there for sure, i'll post my xbox live name up later when i get it so if ya see me online, give me a hello

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Oh i def. plan on playing halo 3 online, 1080i and in surround sound, how sweet is that gonna be

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
you have no upcoming games to look forward too?! hmm.. i've got a massive one...HALO 3
I didn't really like the first 2. Well, I didn't really like the second one, I never played the first.

I'm not a big FPS gamer anyway.

N

no man

Audioholic
halo was fun, then halo 2 was awesome (the beamswords and the covenant cloaking thing was awesome, exept you can be seen with a beamsword even when cloaked..), I cant wait for halo 3!

N

no man

Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
I didn't really like the first 2. Well, I didn't really like the second one, I never played the first.

I'm not a big FPS gamer anyway.
what type of games do you like then? 3rd person shooter, strategy?

(strategy games are onea my favorites - star craft, although its old, is one of the best strategies ever, crummy story line, but fun online :) - too bad mine skrewed up and died, and i lost my cd key :p)

N

no man

Audioholic
thanks for answering my last question...

anyone care to talk about Need for Speed: Most Wanted??

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
no man said:
thanks for answering my last question...

anyone care to talk about Need for Speed: Most Wanted??
never played need for speed: most wanted, I play'd underground 2 all the time until midnight club dub edition came out, its a way better game.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
I'll talk about Need for Speed if you like, but I don't think you'll like what I have to say.

The last "true" Need for Speed game was Hot Pursuit 2. Which is three years old. This "ricer" crap they've been doing the last few games is just plain stupid in my opinion. I find the whole concept stupid, really... For half the money these freaks spend on their cars, you can just go buy a normal car that will totally stomp the lot of 'em.

I also find the whole concept of illegal street racing to be stupid. What's worse is that the game actually encourages it.

The best ricer videos I've watched recently involved several idiots totally destroying the cars because they haven't the slightest concept how to actually drive them. Especially since cars like that were never really meant to be. No matter how many parts you change, you can't change the underlying engineering. A Honda Civic will always be a Honda Civic. And Civics just aren't made to have all that crap on them.

No matter what Electronic Arts says, Need for Speed: Most Wanted is nothing more than Need for Speed: Underground With Cops. Which puts it right at the top of my "DO NOT BUY" list.

The worst part of it is that I used to be a HUGE fan of the Need for Speed series. Until they went stupid. And I'll continue to boycott them until they actually release a game worthy of the title. Games like they used to make. Instead of all these so-called "hip" titles aimed at twelve-year olds who think that sort of thing is "cool".

That, and Need for Speed is now a very distant second place behind Gran Turismo as the racing game to beat. If Need for Speed is so great, how come Polyphony Digital can make a game that looks so much better, plays so much more realistically, and runs at double the frame rate? EA needs to learn a thing or two about coding for games, methinks.

N

no man

Audioholic
hmmm, well I liked underground 2 and I'm probably not gonna street race, but its fun. I'm gonna guess here, but you like realistic games?

about the "For half the money these freaks spend on their cars, you can just go buy a normal car that will totally stomp the lot of 'em." comment..err its a game, and if you go replace the engine of a car it will perform better than the car it was, so if you get a honda civic, replace the engine completely, and race againt a normal civic, you're skrewed.

as you can tell from my standpoint on this, I am a fan of N4S Most wanted and the undergrounds. Gran Turismo, I've played it one or twice, is a fun game, I'm not sure ifyou can change the car's exterior or whatever (like in underground-2-mostwanted) but racing with the same car, on the same track, over and over..sounds repetative. N4S Underground 2 and Most wanted have free roam, so you're now limited to racing, and you can change the cars exterior. I prefer Most wanted over Gran Turismo, but about the realism, N4SU2 seemed realistic to me, exept the people..at the end of the races...i don't think it runs at double the frame rate..maybe 1.5 times faster, but hmm doesnt seem right... N4SMW mat have the same frame rate, they havn't released it yet, or many dets on it so when november comes along, we'll talk more

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis