soniceuphoria

Audioholic
My system consists of
Yamaha Rxv620 (Reciver)
Crest Audio Vs450 (Front amp)
Carver Pxm450 (Rear amp)
Front Speakers
Magnepan MGIIIa's (outter speakers)
Magnepan MG-I Improved's (Inner speakers)
Cerwin Vega HT-MDC (center channel)
Carver ALIII's (Rear surround speakers)
Toshiba 65H84 65" HD RPTV
Toshiba SD5970 DVD
Velodyne CHT-8 (powered sub)
JBL PB12 (powered sub)

This system is all arround sonic euphoria

Attachments

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
eviction notice in the mail...

Holly Sound Batman!

Those Magnepan's take up alot of space...

Why two sets of Magnepans? do you use both of them at the same time? Or is it simply for different listening preferences?

Just curious,

Thanks,

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I use them all the time as well as my carvers and center, I use the 5 channel surround on my reciever. I find that the two sets compliment each other quite nicely. I run the 2 sets of maggies in parall (at 2.7 ohms) which by running at a lower ohms it increases the ammount of power outputed by the amp. both of my amps are run off of the speaker outputs from the reciver which in tern means more power in more power out. The maggies are quite imposing speakers and properly placed can take up a lot of room but the sonic benefits are well worth it in the end. I thank you for your input. Enjoy your music. :)
Greg

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
oh yeah I forgot to add the fact that I live in an apartment. Don't I have luckey neighbors. :)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
That is the best name for a system yet!

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
Yes dipoles do rule. I found the name quite fitting for the system. This system strikes awe into onlookers and dropped jaws (or phone calls to the police) from those who hear it. I have heard systems that cost 3,4,5 times as much as I spent that dont even come close to the soundstage or presence that my system produces. You should see and hear super mario played on this system not to mention Xbox and my computer. This is the way that games, music, and movies were ment to be played. Thanks for your interest guys. Enjoy your music. :)
Greg

I'm BATMAN LOL

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Greg,

Great system, but I have to ask - were you a previous homeowner forced to move into a smaller place? That setup would fill my kid's gymnasium! :cool:

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
Yes, I not too long ago had to move into a 2 bedroom apartment in order to relocate for work. Which in turn led to my home theater becoming an apartment theater for the time being. I plan to purchase a house arround here in the next six months or so. I have just recently rearranged my setup and will be posting some new pics here soon. By the way, this system most surely could fill a gym with sound and probably have some to spare. In all the time I have owned this system I have never even came close to having this rig all the way up for fear I will go deaf. Thanks for the interest. Happy listening :)
Greg

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
new pics

Here's a link to the new pics of my new setup. I disassembled the MG-I's and I am using one of them as a center right now, and when I get arround to purchasing another amp for my center channel I will run both. Oh thanks for the link to photobucket, it was much more time efficent than downsizing the pics myself. I hope you enjoy the pics and as always I am open to comments and suggestions. Happy Listening. :)
Greg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/gregmacknass/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis