The "DVD:M" has arrived!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>I don't know just where to post this since there isn't a Software Forum, but it's just too big not to share with you guys.

I've been using this software for awhile now and it's really amazing- check this out: DVD+Audio

This software basically upsamples 16 bit PCM (ie CDs) to 24/96 and preps it as a file you can burn to a DVD.  Eximius claims that independant listening tests show it to be sonically superior to hardware upsampling.  The results are truly astonishing.  It's somewhat software related with some stuff sounding about the same, but most stuff sounding vastly better than the original CD.  So far nothing has sounded worse for the treatment.

The resulting discs cream the original CD, and can even give you a wee taste of what SACD &amp; DVD-A give you.  No lie.  You get smoother sound with more detail, with an uncanny &quot;blackness&quot; to the background. &nbsp;At the highest quality setting you get about 2 hours of incredible sounding music per disc.

Don't take my word for it.  You can download a free trial version of the software at the above link.

You can buy me a brewski later!
  TRY THIS SOFTWARE!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Oh, yeah- I call the resulting disc a &quot;DVD-M&quot; for (obviously) 'DVD Music'. &nbsp;DVD-A was already taken!

Sorta catchy, huh?</font>

H

House de Kris

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Correct, DVD-A is already taken. &nbsp;That is why the manufacturer calls this a DVD+A. &nbsp;No need to make up additional names to confuse people. &nbsp;Even if it is catchy.</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000F22'>I used Adobe Audition to remaster some CD's. They came out alright. Trying to eliminate some of the crackles and pops can be a challenge.  They became more apparent after remaster than before. Even with some of the filters availible.</font>

F

frkuhn

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Sorry if it's a dumb question, but the only way to enjoy it is recording to a DVD-R? Can I put it into a CD-R or something?

Fernando R. Kuhn</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>No way, House de Kris- is my DVD:M and I'll call it whatever I like!
  Call it whatever you like, though, it can sound awesome.

Right now the only way to use it is with DVD.  If you could use a CD you'd only get about 20 minutes per disc.

I just saw today the have a ver 1.2 that makes it easier to make discs w/o the metadata causing pops.

BTW, guys, the whole &quot;DVD:M&quot; is meant in a tongue-in-cheek way. &nbsp;&quot;DVD+Audio&quot; is a little too cumbersome for me.
&nbsp; But by all means, since it's a free trial I highly recommend anyone give it a try.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis