The Curved Monitor Conspiracy Theory Solved Once and For All

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Curved screens are often used with very large projection screens to better focus light and provide a bit of a wrap-around effect. When you use a computer, you are sitting very close to a monitor so a 48" monitor looks huge and thus there is some wrap-around benefit.

What doesn't make any sense are wrap-around 48" or even 75" TVs sitting 10+ feet away. My 92" flat screen at 9 feet isn't neat large enough to switch to a curved screen and thus the concept on small TVs was and is ridiculous.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I could have done without the first half of the article that had ZERO to do with anything but writing a political agenda. I'm tired of extremists trying to control everything from either side. Moderation is the key.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Most apparent is the black/white political polarization with just about any political standing. Personally, I find both parties, and their same bucket of financial contributors deplorable. I've been of the notion of "show me first" before awarding any trophies just based on what all of them 'said they were going to do' and have been sorely disappointed by each and every one.

I am a semi-modern person who has had more fun than he should, and do not see how anyone can be either wholly conservative or liberal this far into the '2000s. The 'one way or the other' ideologies are instead, more of the design of the worst of both parties. This leaves me a more centrist view with something either being right, or wrong, good people or bad. This tends to leave pickings pretty sparse to non-existent come voting time.

One thing I notice about flag waving liberals being, very few stand on their predominately and overly predictable, media inflicted beliefs alone. They're always found on forums with an overwhelming presence of like minded folks, with very little adversity, and always following a sort of peanut gallery collective. I can almost lip sync just about everything they will say to any hot topic, the overplayed buzzwords, and anything else said, ad-nauseam.

While I don't adhere to neo-conservatism, the haunts I frequent has them easier to avoid somehow. Nobody approaches me with their politics for some reason. I have to go on internet forums to be confronted, or worse, labeled as one or the other. Just this reply alone will likely get me labeled as a "repugnican," like that time I dared to ask questions about climate change when it was all new and shiny.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Most apparent is the black/white political polarization with just about any political standing. Personally, I find both parties, and their same bucket of financial contributors deplorable. I've been of the notion of "show me first" before awarding any trophies just based on what all of them 'said they were going to do' and have been sorely disappointed by each and every one.

I am a semi-modern person who has had more fun than he should, and do not see how anyone can be either wholly conservative or liberal this far into the '2000s. The 'one way or the other' ideologies are instead, more of the design of the worst of both parties. This leaves me a more centrist view with something either being right, or wrong, good people or bad. This tends to leave pickings pretty sparse to non-existent come voting time.

One thing I notice about flag waving liberals being, very few stand on their predominately and overly predictable, media inflicted beliefs alone. They're always found on forums with an overwhelming presence of like minded folks, with very little adversity, and always following a sort of peanut gallery collective. I can almost lip sync just about everything they will say to any hot topic, the overplayed buzzwords, and anything else said, ad-nauseam.

While I don't adhere to neo-conservatism, the haunts I frequent has them easier to avoid somehow. Nobody approaches me with their politics for some reason. I have to go on internet forums to be confronted, or worse, labeled as one or the other. Just this reply alone will likely get me labeled as a "repugnican," like that time I dared to ask questions about climate change when it was all new and shiny.
MrBoat

The quote.
Nobody approaches me with their politics for some reason.
Now that made me laugh.

If you haven't figured out by now why political half-wits don't try foisting their politics on you, all you have to do is go look in the mirror. I will wager the serious look on your face, the calluses on your hands, and the obvious look of someone who works for a living will certainly do the trick for most nitwits. There is no aspect of a snowflake about you.

I'm not talking politics on the AH forum and I certainly don't encourage anyone else to either. The occasional drib or drab of an opinion I think is healthy and certainly ok with 99% of us here. Go forth and conquer. Speak your mind.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Have you ever used a curved monitor? it's much easier to work from them especially from a huge one when you can devide it in 2
Quite the necrobump to agree with every other post that is already in the thread.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Looks like we have a few French people in this discussion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis