isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Look interesting
I want to go see this so bad, but the last 4 or 5 times I've gone to the theatre the picture and especially the sound was so inferior to what I have at home !!
Discs are coming out pretty fast now, so this one is number one on my list.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to go see this so bad, but the last 4 or 5 times I've gone to the theatre the picture and especially the sound was so inferior to what I have at home !!
Discs are coming out pretty fast now, so this one is number one on my list.
Supposedly the best way to see it in theater is IMAX digital as it closely mimics movie's ultra-widescreen format:

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Supposedly the best way to see it in theater is IMAX digital as it closely mimics movie's ultra-widescreen format:
There was a nice IMAX about 4 miles away from me at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall.
It's gone now.
That whole Mall is empty !! (just about)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
There was a nice IMAX about 4 miles away from me at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall.
It's gone now.
That whole Mall is empty !! (just about)

What about
AMC Waterfront 22 & IMAX
300 West Waterfront Drive, West Homestead, PA 15120

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Thanks.
I know of it....its one hell of a drive from me with no direct easy route.
I don't drive much anymore, and I avoid going anywhere near metropolitan Pittsburgh unless absolutely necessary.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I went to see it today.

For spectacle, I give it 10/10. Amazing effects and some great action scenes.

For plot, well... 4/10. The time jumps were nuts and plot holes were like Swiss cheese. I just flew last week, so I had to roll my eyes at the ease in which a pair of most-wanted fugitives were able to get through airport security and procure a flight. :rolleyes:

The best I can say about this movie is it made me want to go back and watch Tenet for a third time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw it last week. It was OK. Visually it looked gorgeous, but as Kvn said, there were too many "explained in a few sentences and you are just supposed to accept it" moments, which doesn't flesh out a story well. The actors are good, it is the story that lets it down.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The end gave me a few tears. Yep I agree with you guys. It's the actors who save the movie. I'm hoping that the 4K release has a longer version which will fix the plot holes.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Since this movie stunk at the box office, I guess it will be streaming at home soon. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I can wait then. ;) :D
I think The Creator's budget was ~ $80 million and after 2 weeks it has only made ~ $60 million Worldwide (only $27 million in the USA).

Shoot I bet it's gonna be streaming next week to make up the other $20 million. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think The Creator's budget was ~ $80 million and after 2 weeks it has only made ~ $60 million Worldwide (only $27 million in the USA).

Shoot I bet it's gonna be streaming next week to make up the other $20 million. :D
With Hollywood accounting I doubt if that will break even. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
With Hollywood accounting I doubt if that will break even. :D
Last Voyage of the Demeter‘s budget was ~ $45 million and it only made ~ $20 million worldwide box office. That movie went from theaters to streaming almost overnight. :D

So bad for their business, but okay for the rest of us. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Demeter was pretty standard fare though. It looked good, but ended up a bit of a dud.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Demeter was pretty standard fare though. It looked good, but ended up a bit of a dud.
Yeah, I didn’t care for Demeter.

Ironically, my wife (who hates every Vampire/Dracula movie so far) actually liked Demeter.

I was like “WTF”. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I streamed it from the Disney app. Its a really good flick but dark. It kept me interested throughout the whole film. The CGI and soundtrack was really quite good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I streamed it from the Disney app. Its a really good flick but dark. It kept me interested throughout the whole film. The CGI and soundtrack was really quite good.
So, it is on Disney. Good to know. Will try to remember when I restart my account later next week for another month.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, I just signed up to Disney to finish a series and The Creator, but I am not finding the latter.
Maybe not available in the US on Disney?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis