The Aura Pro Bass Shaker

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I ordered this off Amazon for about $30 as it's on sale, so I decided, "why not?" even if it's junk I won't feel bad or even bother sending it back. When I got it, it was larger and heavier than I imagined. It's about 7" in diameter and weighs about 3 pounds. If you hold out your hand, and stretch al your fingers out away from eachother, it's about that big. I thought it may be a vibration device much like a cell phone has where it's just an off-balance cam that spins to cause it to move -well - it's not. It's actually a speaker. You can plug it into a regular channel, and hold the bottom up to your ear, and hear exactly what you're listening to very clearly.

I'll open it later to see how it works, but for now, I'm having too much fun with it. I have it on its own seprate amplifier and it recommends 50w, which there is a perfect Dayton amp available for that, but I'm using a second receiver's main channel. It works pretty well. I have it screwed to the bottom of my couch and it makes a world of difference. I can turn the volume down really low, and the shaker up high and still "feel" the bass if I don't want to disturb anyone else. This is much like the Buttkicker system, except instead of being under the leg of the couch, this one is intended to be screwed to the floor under the couch or onto the bottom of the couch or back. For the price, it's great and a nice little addition. If it's still $30 or so I would recommend you pick one up just to play with at least.

I can see that you may need multiple Aura's if you have a large couch, or if you want one on the bottom, and back of your chair. They are fairly low key to leave out in the open as they're painted pure black and just have a nice set of easy clip gold plated terminals.

The picture makes it appear to be plastic, but it's a very solid aluminum I'm guessing, can't tell because there is textured paint on it.

reedwesd

reedwesd

Audioholic Intern
I have four of these under my love seat on a NHT amp with volume control. IMO well worth the money for the effect. Makes it really nice when the family is asleep because you can crank them up and it really tricks you mind into think that there is a lot of bass.

D

daking0007

Audiophyte
reedwesd:
With 4 of them, how big(watt) is your amp?
Did you connect them in series or parallel?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis