Testing the Boston Acoustics A23 Speakers . Need Advice

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Hey Audioholics, this is me posting after a very long time. Previously i had those BA Soundware XS 5.1 which sounded tinny. I changed my speaker setup to A2310 HTS which i got as a package with X500, in 2017 i.e this year i upgraded to X2300W and paired it with these A2310 HTS. All i can say is i'm satisfied with the sound.

But as you know sometimes i fidget to find a prefect sound to my ears. I just wanted to know that if A23 Placed on the walls is going to have any Impact on sound as these are Rear Ported speakers with a crossover point starting from 80 hz to something.

What should be my crossover settings for these 3 1/2 inch speakers ??

80 HZ is as low as it gets.
I've currently set the crossovers at 100 HZ . Is it correct?

Also i have made a video of how it sounds in my room.

Here is the Link :

This was done in PURE DIRECT mode without the subwoofer. Is the sound ok??

System :

AVR : Denon X2300W
Speakers : A2310 HTS 5.1
Player : Sony BDP S5500 Blu -Ray Player

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Where did Audyssey cross them over when you ran it? I wouldn't go any lower with just a 3 1/2" woofer.

Edit: Also, you usually need to leave room between the wall and the port on a speaker, having them that close might not be best. If you're happy with them though, that's what matters!

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Where did Audyssey cross them over when you ran it? I wouldn't go any lower with just a 3 1/2" woofer.

Edit: Also, you usually need to leave room between the wall and the port on a speaker, having them that close might not be best. If you're happy with them though, that's what matters!
Audyssey set the mains and surrounds at 60 HZ which i feel is wrong and the center channel to 80 HZ. From the Boston acoustic website i found out that the lowest frequency for them i 80 HZ , and there is no thread anywhere in the internet for recommended crossover settings for this set of Speakers.

Also i found out that audyssey sets the levels too low for the speakers. So i manually raised all the channels to 2 DB more equally.

And placement for me was an issue because i didn't have a stand for them nor they came with a bracket that could leave some inches of gap from the wall.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also i have made a video of how it sounds in my room.

Here is the Link :

This was done in PURE DIRECT mode without the subwoofer. Is the sound ok??
They sound just like the stock speakers on a GalaxyTab Pro...
Audyssey set the mains and surrounds at 60 HZ which i feel is wrong and the center channel to 80 HZ. From the Boston acoustic website i found out that the lowest frequency for them i 80 HZ , and there is no thread anywhere in the internet for recommended crossover settings for this set of Speakers.

Also i found out that audyssey sets the levels too low for the speakers. So i manually raised all the channels to 2 DB more equally.

And placement for me was an issue because i didn't have a stand for them nor they came with a bracket that could leave some inches of gap from the wall.
Why would you raise all channels instead of just turning the volume up? If those speakers are rated to 80hz I would not go any lower than that. I'm thinking a crossover of about 100-120hz should work pretty well in your situation.

I'd definitely get them off the walls. It's not usually recommended to mount rear ported speakers directly on the wall.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Why would you raise all channels instead of just turning the volume up? If those speakers are rated to 80hz I would not go any lower than that. I'm thinking a crossover of about 100-120hz should work pretty well in your situation.
This is because raising the levels from SPEAKERS , Test tone settings itself increases the Volume and sound is stronger even at lower volumes.

I also watch TV programs and we have a Digital receiver from Huawei which has a very bad audio signal. Some channels are loud while some channels are low in volume.

Sound Quality also isn't upto the mark from the Digital receiver.

I tried both the settings on the Huawei Digital receiver i.e Stereo and Multi channel. Stereo to me sounded more livelier than Multi channel.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis