Tell us a little about you

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Mudcat said:
Uhhhh John,

Could I send you a synopsis to comment on? And then could you fix my head demagnetizer?
Mud....given your posting history, I'm not sure a demagnetizer will fix what I see as wrong with your head.... :p kaching...

Boy....what a setup...I don't think I could have paid for a better one...thanks..that made my day....

Ahh, it's good to be back..Although I like Manhattan, there's no place like home..

Yah, e-mail away..

Cheers, John

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
jneutron said:
Mud....given your posting history, I'm not sure a demagnetizer will fix what I see as wrong with your head.... :p kaching...
OOoommmmpphhhh

And Mudcat takes one in the groin (The crowd goes oooooooo)

The announcer comes on.

"I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt"
Phantom Menace - Pod Race Scene

Check your inbox at work, I sent it yesterday. :rolleyes:

So, you live on the island. I probably flipped you off on the LIE without even realizing who you were. I'm up there often. My father-in-law just moved from Dix Hills to Riverhead.

Last edited:
Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
There was a similar question on the Moderator forum where I posted this (slightly edited):

------

Married, no kids, but four grandkids! I married late, and Mrs. has two grown children from her 1st marriage who went forth and mutiplied - or, in one case, obtained a ready-made family thru marriage. Several undistinguished careers in music (percussion), theater (scenic design), signmaking, and instructional technology. Longtime classical music devotee. Also enjoy fly fishing and bicycling. Like cars too but not a hardcore gearhead; I have thrashed my WRX around an autocross course from time to time. In the current parlous job market I recently took a part time retail gig.

Was "into" audio in my student days and young adulthood, then drifted away as I lead the life of a starving artiste. My interest reawakened in the past few years as I attained a semblance of financial solvency and I realized my old system was running on borrowed time. And the economy was still good for awhile there...

Having cut my audio teeth on the old Stereo Review and somehow gaining an appreciation for science and logic in spite of my arts/humanities orientation, the current subjectivist/snake oil state of the hobby was quite, um, disorienting! I had only been dimly aware of things like the tube revival and high-priced cables. I thought the latter was just a scam that Monster was pulling on the mass market. Surely, I thought, knowledgable audio hobbyists would never fall for such nonsense! Ha.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
I've been living in Mexico City for the past 20 years. I was born in a little town in Jalisco state called Autlan, the same place where Carlos Santana was born. My father was a medical doctor and he was about to get married until he met my mother.

I'm 26 years old, married to a wonderful and beautiful human being with a 4 month old precious daughter (she smiles and laughs all the time). I studied mathematics and actuary here in Mexico City. I work in an Insurance company called Allianz calculating the premiums and reserves for the automobile operation.

I used to play drums in a rock band at highschool and i was good at that. I played drums for 7 years in a Yamaha Maple Studio Custom drumset with Sabian cymbals (that's why i started to like Yamaha in general); i loved the sound of this thing. But me and my friends grew up and we left it.

Another thing i love to do is drawing with colored pencil. I think i'm good at that too. I love the work of Ann Kullberg and Janie Gildow.

In Music i like progressive rock (Pink Floyd, Marillion, King Crimson, Rush); i like heavy metal too (Iron Maiden, the early records of Metallica, Testament, Megadeth). In late music i like "alternative"(everything that the people of billboard don't know what it is, they call it "alternative") Radiohead, StellaStar, Travis, Coldplay, Interpol; i like The Cure a lot. And i love The Beatles.

I was initialized in audio by my father like 10 years ago. When we went shopping at the malls i always entered to the audio departments of the stores. I was a very annoying person (and i still am) with the salesmen because i asked everthing, i requested demos and i didn't buy anything.

In sports i like soccer (here in mexico almost everybody likes soccer) and baseball. My favorite team in soccer are Los Pumas and in baseball are the Boston Red Sox (i hope they win the world series). I don't like Football or Hockey because i think they're to violent and I don't like violence. I detest Mr. Bush because he treates Mexico like some kind of backyard.

Things i would like to do before i die: live in a city like Montreal or Boston, to have a pair of Canton Carat speakers, and have sex with two beautiful women at the same time.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
As you know, I'm a new kid in town. I hope I passed the acceptance test in this conversation forum.

I had a steady membership with Panasonic HDTV conversation forum for quite a few years, when Panasonic recently out of the blue sky, decided to quit the forum without notice. I was also a member with www.remotecentral.com for a few years a while back.

Mr.T is my real name, no I am not the black guy from "The A Team". I live in New Jersey about 20 miles west of New York City, I am an Electronic Engineer involved in multimedia designing and installations for new constructions. I appreciate good music and a good home sound system.

I am a young married fellow 29 years of age in each leg, and I really appreciate intelligent conversations in an enjoyable forum as this one.
I have a son who is a Port Authority Police Officer in NY/NJ and a daughter who is married with a beautiful son "Michael" that I love very much.

I have been home from work for a week now, due to a little accident on the job, and now it's time to go back to work. Hope I'll find some time to continue to enjoy this forum and I can only wish to convers with you guys very very soon. Thank you,

Mr.T

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

toquemon said:
Things i would like to do before i die: live in a city like Montreal or Boston, to have a pair of Canton Carat speakers, and have sex with two beautiful women at the same time.
Yeah, I bet the WAF of that one might be pretty low!:eek: Unless your wife is really cool! :p

annunaki

annunaki

Allianz, a BIG sponsor of the Williams BMW Formula1 team. Invesment insurance?

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Yes, maybe someday i would see Ralph Schumacher blasting his brother in Germany. In the meantime i will stay here trapped behind a desk waiting for my computer to finish calculations. I want to go earlier to my place to see the Red Sox to finish Babe's curse.

I was thinking about the two women action and i think you're right Rob, i would have to invite my wife to the party, tough i don't think she's that cool either. We would need to have a lot of talking and i always loose in that matter. The only thing that is true about the "latino" stereotype is the women's character, they're WAY TOO EXPLOSIVE.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Mr.T said:
Mr.T is my real name, no I am not the black guy from "The A Team". I live in New Jersey about 20 miles west of New York City,
God I hope it's not Perth Amboy, the armpit of the universe.

Let me guess, Exit 12, Springfield, Union, The Caldwells area.

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
I am an aging attorney practicing in Albany, New York. I became an attorney because I lack the talent for carpentry, stone masonry or electrical work. Nonetheless, I believe I perform useful work that actually benefits my clients. I have three grown children, two grandchildren and a teen-age stepson, and am on my second and last marriage. I got the interest in audio in the monophonic days from my Dad, and it has continued and expanded into HD video and high resolution, multi-channel audio. I enjoy the discourse with you technical types and admire your knowledge and abilities. I also ride a sport bike. I was accused of having sex with two beautiful women at once, but unfortunately, it wasn't true. I did, however, make love to one of them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis