F

FlashyGordy

Audiophyte
Hi i’m new here. I picked up a pair of Teac LS-F401 small speakers from Goodwill while back. I didn’t expect much, but I am surprised. I cannot find anything about them online. Zilch! They are two-ways with 4.5-inch and 1-inch drivers, front ported, in wooden cabinets. Made in China. They are clearer, and better than the JBL 52T’s I had been using (which in turn are much better than a pair of Infinity RS-2001’s I also have—those look nice, but that’s all). I know all of these are old and not high end. But I am surprised I can find nothing about the Teac’s. I asked Teac for info—twice—but no response. Thought maybe someone on this forum might know where to look. May e it doesn’t matter—I like them!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Beats my google-fu too :) Altho I do see an LS-301 speaker on their website, is that similar? What is it you need to know? Welcome to the forum....

F

FlashyGordy

Audiophyte
Thanks.
No, the F401’s are different and older.
I am seeking info simply because I was surprised how much I like them, and wondered how those more knowledgeable/experienced would characterize them. I mean to my ears, the Cerwin Vega D-3’s that anchor my “home theatre” sound very good (my setup is eclectic.)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well Teac's gone thru some changes (purchased by Gibson a few years back then taken back over by staff after Gibson's bankruptcy IIRC), could be why older stuff isn't on their web page. Maybe @zieglj01 has run across these....

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most likely they came with a compact stereo system. Most speakers that came with rack systems or compact "stereos in a box" don't have any online info because they couldn't be bought separately.

When the radio/electronics part breaks, owners tend to sell the speakers cheap or donate them. Perfect example:

Surprised Kingnoob didn't get to them first. ;)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I do not know about the LS-F401 speakers .. on a side note, I am not a fan of JBL T series speakers .. continue to enjoy your system

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis