TEAC Distinction CD-3000 SACD Player Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The new Distinction line from TEAC certainly seems to be well thought out and well matched to each other. The CD-3000, in particular, with its 192kHz upsampling before decoding and dual differential DACs has us excited. But without knowing exactly how the players work (in particular, which codecs are compatible over the USB connection) and if it can put out multichannel over the coaxial input, we'll have to wait to see how it all shakes out. Still, we can't help but think that TEAC will have some winners on their hands here. With prices that range from expensive to OMG!!!! (or, as a true audiophile would rate them, too cheap to be any good to affordable), there is something here for any budding audiophile.

Discuss "TEAC Distinction CD-3000 SACD Player Preview" here. Read the article.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
It is a little odd how few CD players allow you to use it as a dac for a computer based playback system. I"m glad to see that TEAC is doing this but the CD 3000 is pricey at $2k.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Try their SA-50 from Esoteric (their "high end" brand) at over $6,000 msrp. I have it and love it. Can I hear the difference from the Adcom GCD-750 $1,000 from 16 years ago? Maybe and maybe not. It sure sounds good now. The difference is there, it just may or may not be worth $$$$ to some. Either way I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :D

Kandiru

Audiophyte
I have the poor man's Esoteric, 5xAKM DACs fully isolated and balanced stereo, also 7.1 RCA out, yep the 2k refurb DVD-A1UDCI and it is heavenly with King Cobras on my 2xSherbourn 5/1500A biwired front Paradigm Ref. Studio 100 v.2 matched all around.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmmm... Was it Distinction or Extinction (of SACDs) :rolleyes: I'm confused ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis