TCL 55R635 Audio Sync

C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic
I just bought this TV based on very positive reviews for the price. I love the picture, but the built in apps are giving me serious audio sync problems. Some apps (Prime) are especially bad.

I have this hooked up to Denon AVR-X2600H via eARC. I have changed all pass thru settings, factory restart, re installed apps, etc. to no avail.

I'm considering returning this for a different TV but unsure is those issues occur in other brands. Very frustrating and I don't want to use a separate fire stick for a TV I paid to have built in streaming.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd always consider built-in streaming apps to be limited in a tv, much prefer my experience with separate streaming devices fwiw.

Does your Denon have an hdmi setting for lip sync? It's in the Video/HDMI setup on my Denons.

C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic
I'd always consider built-in streaming apps to be limited in a tv, much prefer my experience with separate streaming devices fwiw.

Does your Denon have an hdmi setting for lip sync? It's in the Video/HDMI setup on my Denons.
It does. The issue is the delay isn't on all apps. I changed it for Amazon Prime then all the other services were way off. Ugh. I might just do the separate 4K Fire Stick, just irks me that I can't use the functionality of the TV.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It does. The issue is the delay isn't on all apps. I changed it for Amazon Prime then all the other services were way off. Ugh. I might just do the separate 4K Fire Stick, just irks me that I can't use the functionality of the TV.
I've got a couple fire sticks. They do have sync issues on occasion but seems my ISP has more to do with that than the actual app involved (or its location), but is usually easily rectified by stopping the video and playing again. Can't say any one app is a culprit at least, and use a variety via the Amazon service. Do the tv apps generally provide multich audio codecs? That was one reason I got away from my "smart" tv's apps....which were only 2ch versions and not upgradeable. With eARC I'd assume the tv can even do lossless codecs if asked?

C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic
I've got a couple fire sticks. They do have sync issues on occasion but seems my ISP has more to do with that than the actual app involved (or its location), but is usually easily rectified by stopping the video and playing again. Can't say any one app is a culprit at least, and use a variety via the Amazon service. Do the tv apps generally provide multich audio codecs? That was one reason I got away from my "smart" tv's apps....which were only 2ch versions and not upgradeable. With eARC I'd assume the tv can even do lossless codecs if asked?
I believe it supports multi channel. My system is 2.1 so that's less of an issue for me. I will try hooking up my Fire Stick later and see how it compares.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis