highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not to defend the Chinese but this has been going on for all of human history.

Alexander Hamilton himself was in charge, with George Washington's approval, in covertly stealing English textile secrets by offering exorbitant pay to Scottish textile plant workers/designers to compete and avoid the high cost of English clothing in the late 1700's.

US and European corporations share a lot of the blame by agreeing willingly to hand over intellectual property over to the Chinese. Nobody put a gun to their head. Combined with the Chinese government's stealing the technology whenever possible and undervaluing their currency, compared to the rest of the world, and you have the situation were in now.

Google was one of the few exceptions who left the Chinese market when they caught on to the hacking of their servers in China and refused to hand over their code.
I don't know if you neglected to mention it or if you don't know- the British taxed raw materials that were sent to England for processing, then they taxed the finished goods. It was also forbidden that Colonial raw materials be made into finished goods locally- they wanted their taxes. Also, the Colonies often had better lumber and other materials, so it was common for something that was planned around some very nice lumber to be built from inferior materials and the better materials were kept for 'other' projects (I would assume something for the royals). The Crown wanted its piece of the action and they took it whenever and wherever they could.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know if you neglected to mention it or if you don't know- the British taxed raw materials that were sent to England for processing, then they taxed the finished goods. It was also forbidden that Colonial raw materials be made into finished goods locally- they wanted their taxes. Also, the Colonies often had better lumber and other materials, so it was common for something that was planned around some very nice lumber to be built from inferior materials and the better materials were kept for 'other' projects (I would assume something for the royals). The Crown wanted its piece of the action and they took it whenever and wherever they could.
You sure you're aware of all procedures? We've had traditionally in the English derived Customs system special procedures to make this into a variety of outcomes, particuarly with a duty benefit on reexportation or doing the procedure under bond. Politically sometimes.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You sure you're aware of all procedures? We've had traditionally in the English derived Customs system special procedures to make this into a variety of outcomes, particuarly with a duty benefit on reexportation or doing the procedure under bond. Politically sometimes.
I'm not sure of everything, no. Never tried to say that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis