Tannoy FX 5.1 Home Cinema System Review

<font color='#000080'>We reviewed the FX 5.1 Home Cinema System in a near-field speaker configuration. This is an in-depth subjective review of a decent speaker system for the money - purposefully avoiding comparisons to larger systems, floor-standing speakers, or speakers costing three to four times as much.

If you are looking at purchasing a satellite speaker system, you would do well to read the review and see what happens when a company applies its hardened knowledge of speaker design to the challenge of developing decent 5.1 speakers for under $700.

---

A personal note: I'm not one to go for satellite systems, and this set in no way competes with full-sized systems, but for a $550-$600 street price you probably can't go wrong if you're dealing with WAF, budget or space limitations.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I am setting up a small room(13x14) for HT and music and found your review interesting. I currently have a pair of Tannoy Reveal monitors for 2ch music, they are excellent. I have ordered the display, Sony KV-34XBR910 nad am trying to decide on receiver and speakers.I am leaning toward Denon for receiver,3803? and am considering Boston Acoustic System 9000 and Klipsch Cinema 8,both more expensive than the Tannoy system. how do you think they would compare? Is the 3803 to much for this size room and speakers?
thanks</font>

<font color='#000080'>I don't think a receiver can ever be &quot;too big&quot; for a room, though you may not have to turn it up very much to get high SPLs to your listening position.

I'm not familiar with the exact models of the speakers you mentioned.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>The Tannoy Reveals are 6.5&quot; near field professional studio monitors.
B.A. System 9000II includes:2 Micro90, Micro90 120w sub,Micro80c center,2 Micro 80 surrounds.
Klipsch Cinema 8 includes: 4 RSX-4 Reference satellites, RCX-4 center and RW-8 sub
Your input is appreciated</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis