B

brushro

Audioholic
ladies & gentlemen-thank you for the oppotunity to present this before you,I have a distinct audible hum from my speakers & using a DYI troubleshooting guide from another online web site it's been to this point determined that I have some dc voltage coming through my system..I am using a 5 disc dvd/cd player,a seperate preamp processor & stand alone amp,w/a hd-digital cable box...How can i further troubleshoot,isolate & remedy this?-thank you in advance-is there another forum i can post at that is better suited to help w/this?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
brushro said:
ladies & gentlemen-thank you for the oppotunity to present this before you,I have a distinct audible hum from my speakers & using a DYI troubleshooting guide from another online web site it's been to this point determined that I have some dc voltage coming through my system..I am using a 5 disc dvd/cd player,a seperate preamp processor & stand alone amp,w/a hd-digital cable box...How can i further troubleshoot,isolate & remedy this?-thank you in advance-is there another forum i can post at that is better suited to help w/this?

Well, DC usually doesn't hum ;) but 60Hz AC will such as in a ground loop problem.
Is this just happen? What did you change or do just before this started to happen? I see you have a cable TV hooked up. The wast majority of times the cable TV is the problem. Unplug the cable TV cable to your Hi-Fi and see if the problem goes away. If yes, someone will post a remedy adaptor to isolate the cable. My link is not working for it.

If still persists, you need to unplug all the cables from each component and starting at the amp, re connect one by one to see which one causes the hum. Then we go forther :D

B

brushro

Audioholic
hum

Thank You! :) after further reading I do see a product reccommended here "a cable tv ground isolator" which I am going to try....my only question being how close to the cable box should this be inserted?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis