SVsound any good speakers/subs?

R

rivrbyte

Junior Audioholic
Hi and thanks!
I'm asking for ideas on speakers, trying to get away, and steppin' up from the basic Sony THiab sound. I have been looking at Polks (as you can read on prior posts) But a few of you have been recommending a company from Ohio named SVsound.
I went to their website and I was quite impressed with the way it's set up. They might be on the pricey side, but someone named Jack was very, very helpful in explaining their different products. Entry level SBS-01 mains, and improved crossover model SCS-01(m) for larger than my 12'x9' room, and the Subwoofer PB10 or the cylinder sub, the PC12-NSD.

For now, if I start out with a 3.1 channel system>

(2-SBS-01 /Mains) $ 225.00 Pair
(1 PC12-NSD /Sub) $ 549.00
(1 SCS-01 /Center) $ 185.00 plus shipping, will be about 1,080.

Other than the expensive entry level Subwoofer, does this sound like a good deal, and what I should expect to pay?

I know I sound like I work for this company, and it sounds like I have a lot of faith from these speakers I haven't heard yet, so I would like to know if anyone had dealt with this company and are you happy with their speakers.

if you have had them, and do not like them to get something else, please advise what they were.

Or, if you think I should invest in their sub and get other name speakers for the mains? I just don't know.

Thank you!

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've dealt with the company and bought just about all their subs save for the ported plus models. they have pretty good customer service.

you can't go wrong with the sub. you really get what you pay for.

i've never A/B'ed the speakers though ... listened to them only in the Sonic Boom Audio warehouse in Canada.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
I do have 03 x SCS-01 + a PB-10 SW and couldn't be happier!
Highly recommended, IMO :)

Regards, Chuck

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
they have pretty good customer service.
"pretty good"???

Fixed

Outstanding Customer Service

For $1000 bucks you can get the whole 5.1 system. It's an excellent budget system. One of the best "bang for the Buck" systems on the market.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
As a proud SVS owner, I can tell you that you can't go wrong with a good 5.1 setup. These speakers and subs are built like tanks, and the SBS/SCS line (which is what I have) may at first appear a bit simplistic, but I think you'll very soon appreciate their understated rugged good looks - not to mention the fantastic sound. :) The subs are beasts. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You can't beat the 1k full deal from SVS especially if this is for HT vs. music.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
SVS is an amazing company with excellent products. If you purchase from them, I really doubt you will be the least bit dissapointed.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Great company, you would be hard pressed to even find anything that come close to what you are looking at for that price.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
SVS is an excellant company and have great customer support. I have A/B'd their MTS and SBS speakers, and although the MTS is more costly, you can tell were that upgrade in cost goes.

Their SBS is also a very good speaker and will beat out anything within the same price range and even some systems costing 2-3X more (some, not all) Their subwoofers are all top notch quality and wll beat out anything costing 5X as much in stores.

There is a reason they are highly regarded on some A/V sites.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
SVS is an amazing company. They also offer the absolute best customer service I have ever encountered. These guys really work hard on making you happy with your purchase and will go out of their way in so doing. Excellent products plus excellent customer service. What more would anybody want? SVS is one company that is a cut above imho. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Their SBS is also a very good speaker and will beat out anything within the same price range.
I wouldn't go that far Matthew. The SBS bookshelf is a very good speaker. But I feel there are better choices if music is a priority. JMO

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
SVS sucks!

Hee, hee. Just kidding. :D I had to do something to break up the love fest going on here.

BTW, I am very happy with my PC13-Ultra, and I also thought that their customer service was excellent.

M

mkell33

Audiophyte
svs mts-01 placement

I am building a ht setup from scratch - putting in a 60" plasma and will have a good amount of counter space on either side of the plasma for whatever I want in speakers. It seems to me that a larger r and l speaker would be a good idea - the room is 25 x 16 x 8 so the speakers will be 14-15 feet away from the seating. I am thinking of using the svs mts-01s on the counter - along with good sbs speakers for surrounds and the svs sub too of course. No room on the floor. The SVS folks thought it'd be fine and had seen/heard it before. I am just wondering about it -- I see no references to using floor standing speakers up higher but I also don't see bookshelf speakers with as much sound as the floor standing speakers. Anyway long winded, but does anyone have an opinion on the use of floor standing speakers up high - like just point them down a bit to adjust? Any good speaker recs for that application?

Thanks

Mark

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I am building a ht setup from scratch - putting in a 60" plasma and will have a good amount of counter space on either side of the plasma for whatever I want in speakers. It seems to me that a larger r and l speaker would be a good idea - the room is 25 x 16 x 8 so the speakers will be 14-15 feet away from the seating. I am thinking of using the svs mts-01s on the counter - along with good sbs speakers for surrounds and the svs sub too of course. No room on the floor. The SVS folks thought it'd be fine and had seen/heard it before. I am just wondering about it -- I see no references to using floor standing speakers up higher but I also don't see bookshelf speakers with as much sound as the floor standing speakers. Anyway long winded, but does anyone have an opinion on the use of floor standing speakers up high - like just point them down a bit to adjust? Any good speaker recs for that application?
IMO the MBS-01 bookshelf speakers will be fine.

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
I'm a very happy SVS owner. SVS customer service is outstanding and they do not try to over sell you (which makes my wife happy). I have a SBS and SCS set up. From what I here the MBS are about the best quality for the money out there. If only they had a trade in/trade up policy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis