SVS Ultra Tower Speakers Contest—VOTE NOW!!!

Which was your favorite review?

• Review 1: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Tarunvir Bains

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Review 2: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Brian Wood

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Review 3: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Ted Nicolakis

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
For those of you that forgot, we held a contest a while back to get a chance to review and KEEP a pair of SVS Ultra Tower Speakers. Now it is up to you to tell us which review you like the best. Please read the reviews below and vote in the poll above. The one with the most votes gets to KEEP the pair of SVS Ultra Towers speakers.

Review 1: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Tarunvir Bains
Review 2: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Brian Wood
Review 3: SVS Ultra Tower Review by Ted Nicolakis

The polls close June 14th, 2013 so please cast your vote NOW!
Ultra_Tower_519fbe3eec569.jpg

Remember, your votes make the difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hats off to all of the reviewers. My jealousy meter is off the chart. :D I appreciate the thought and preparation that went in to all of the reviews. One telling sign for me of their preparation is that all three had pictures of the speakers still in the box (and two had pictures of them on the palette). These guys wanted to give us reviews starting at the very first experience, and I appreciate that. They all clearly also spent a good amount of time listening, trying different configurations, and formulating their opinions.

They all worked hard, and each person had a different approach. In the end, I liked Ted's the best and voted for him. I thought that his review was thorough, detailed, and overall the most polished. Out of all three, it also moved me the most. I got done with Ted's, and I actually wanted to buy some. (I won't...because I'm happy with my system...but I want to. :)) Not just because of glitz and glamor, either, but because it had the facts and the excitement of the experience. The captioned photos and videos were nice. I would have liked a video tour of the speakers, but I guess that I'll settle for, "It's incredibly LOUD!" :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
+1 on the captioned photos. that's what pushed me to vote for Ted. aside from the organized (easy to read) and detailed review.

good luck!

C

CrucialTaunt

Audiophyte
For some reason, this poll is not letting me vote in it. Anyone else having that problem?

B

bootman

Audioholic Intern
All good reviews. bravo to everyone.
Honestly I voted for Ted because I really believe he would enjoy them more if he kept them. :cool:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I learned alot from all 3 reviews. Great job and well done guys!

Last edited:
hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
A big thank you to all three reviewers, I enjoyed reading each of them.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Hats off to all....however I did prefer Ted overall. I believe he gave a clear detailed in the level of detail the I care to read about.

Thanks for all 3 of your hard work.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
It was a tough call between Brian and Ted. In the end, I voted for Ted because he provided more information about amplification. Moreover, he tested more material. (Tarunvir, your review was great, too!)

I really enjoyed the notes about room correction software making oopsies with the speakers.

M

miggs29

Audioholic
All reviews were great. I wish that I was the one at the door step waiting for that big box to show up. I am still hopeful that one day Mr Fed Ex will show up with a nice SVS sub or a pair of those great looking towers.

Anyway, I love the martini glass test! Great presentation.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
All the reviews were great. I still can't decide which one to vote for. It is interesting to see that others have the same impression of the towers that I did when I bought them. Makes me feel like I am not crazy!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Bump to remind folks of this. These guys worked hard and are after $2000 speakers - show some love, people. It just might be you trying to win next time. :)

Plus, give SVS a reason to keep up these contests! The more interest they get here, I'm sure the more they'll want to keep doing this kind of thing.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Plus, give SVS a reason to keep up these contests! The more interest they get here, I'm sure the more they'll want to keep doing this kind of thing.
Agreed. While it looks like Ted has taken this one (a premature congratulations!), more voter turnout would be nice if only because Audioholics & SVS took a lot of time and risk to organize. One day left, guys!

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
:eek: 16 replies and 1,235 looks with only 39 votes, wow really come on.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yep agree put in your vote NOW. If you want more contestS please take the time to do it.

internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
Agreed. While it looks like Ted has taken this one (a premature congratulations!), more voter turnout would be nice if only because Audioholics & SVS took a lot of time and risk to organize. One day left, guys!
And I have to tell you (actually I already did in the review) these speakers really kick. It's a great, great opportunity to let us enthusiasts get their hands on speakers and equipment we otherwise wouldn't have a chance to audition or demo. Let's save any congratulations until tomorrow. And we all owe SVS a great deal of thanks on this. The best way to thank the SVS guys is to order a sub or speakers risk-free and demo it in your own home in your own setup. Then you'll hear first-hand what we heard.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
I'm really glad that SVS and Audioholics gave me the opportunity to be involved in this. Not only did I get to audition some truly awesome speakers that I ordinarily would never have the opportunity to try, I also learned a good amount about my current systems strengths and weaknesses. During my testing I learned my audyssey mic was toast and got a new one from Onkyo. I realized I needed to move around the glasses in my cabinet so they dont rattle when the heavy bass of these SVS monsters hit.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I wanted to thank all 3 contestants for participating in this contest.

Also a special congrats to Ted Nicolakis - winner of our SVS Ultra Tower Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis