SVS Ultra bookshelf vs RSL CG25 Monitor

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
I'm curious how these new RSL CG25 LCR speakers would compare to the SVS Ultra bookshelf speakers and Ultra Center. I'm thinking in terms of home theater mainly. I know the drivers in the RSL speakers are only five and a quarter inch but something tells me that this may not matter too much. I noticed that the RSL is slightly smaller than the dimensions of the SVS Ultra Center.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Both have no risk trials, maybe you could order them and have a listen!

The only thing you lose is some spare time but I’m sure listening to them will be a joy!

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
Already own the SVS Ultra bookshelf and Ultra Center. I'm in the midst of wiring. Almost hooked up and ready to calibrate. But these new RSL speakers have me interested as well. I may just run them for a trial this holiday season and keep them if I like them. I believe I heard Audioholics will be completing a review of them in the near future.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I believe I heard Audioholics will be completing a review of them in the near future.
There were plans in place, but for some reason it didn't pan out. Don't hold your breath for a CG25 review.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There were plans in place, but for some reason it didn't pan out. Don't hold your breath for a CG25 review.
Damn that sucks I've been interested in that cg lineup as well

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Already own the SVS Ultra bookshelf and Ultra Center. I'm in the midst of wiring. Almost hooked up and ready to calibrate. But these new RSL speakers have me interested as well. I may just run them for a trial this holiday season and keep them if I like them. I believe I heard Audioholics will be completing a review of them in the near future.
Jim Wilson over on the "other" forum is currently testing them out and should have review out in the near future. It's not as comprehensive as Shady's reviews but should give some good insight on the speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Jim Wilson over on the "other" forum is currently testing them out and should have review out in the near future. It's not as comprehensive as Shady's reviews but should give some good insight on the speakers.
Jim is a super nice guy too. Whatever he writes will be well thought out.

Also, it seems like anything RSL builds these days is pretty stellar. I know they aren’t developing any towers but they do have a bigger subwoofer in the works. Really curious about that.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Jim is a super nice guy too. Whatever he writes will be well thought out.

Also, it seems like anything RSL builds these days is pretty stellar. I know they aren’t developing any towers but they do have a bigger subwoofer in the works. Really curious about that.
Man that suckers been out for awhile.Very curious about that sub

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Meant to say been in the works for awhile
Right?! I know from talking to joe that they won’t release anything until it’s the way they want. I think that’s admirable. Seems like too many companies rush stuff out to market and then we’re stuck dealing with half baked junk. Lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis