Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well... it's time, sigh.

Ultra towers - $1600/pr
3 Ultra books - $1100 for all 3

$2500 for the whole set. Original packaging and manuals. Local pickup, Phoenix area.

45441-1160x653.jpeg
20170716_115902-1305x734.jpg
20170625_131900-1305x734.jpg
20170625_131905-1305x734.jpg
45444.jpeg

There's some light scuffing on the bottom of one of the books, but since it's on the bottom you'll never see it. All speakers function perfectly and are otherwise in great condition.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Good luck on the sale. That black piano finish really sparkles on those. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Aw, shucks. Thanks guys. I just officially, with a heavy heart, put them on Craigslist. I got a lot of enjoyment out of them and still love them. I had some fun playing with ratbuddyssey, dialing my bass in better for the Ultra towers while I was waiting for my repair and holy crap. They really are capable of deep bass into the low 20s in my room with some authority. I really only needed my subs for the deepest deep bass and maybe that little extra touch of depth and weight. Even a lot of bass heavy Korn was more than acceptable, full range with my subs off.

I stole a line from Gene and Hugo's review in the description. The "using science not to cheapen" sentence is almost word for word what Gene said about the Ultra bookshelves and it stuck with me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So the books went pretty fast, but I still have the towers. I probably would have sold them by now too, but I got lazy, let the ad run out and just reposted it the other day. Honestly it's not easy because I really do love them still. The Sierra towers are a step up in sq, but not by orders of magnitude and if I'm being honest, a little step down in visual impact. They sound so nice tho, and the looks I get from the occasional guest when I play some music is pretty fun. There's just something about such big, clean sound coming out of those unassuming, smaller boxes that kind of adds to the experience for me.

Anyhoo... the books are sold! I dropped my price for the towers down to $1500 for the pair just the other day and got a bite already, tho he lowballed me. We've been having a back and forth now off and on all day. We were both kinda being dicks to each other, but just civil enough that there's a dialogue still. It's actually kinda funny, so I'm gonna share the screen caps below.
Screenshot_2021-01-23-15-04-19-1_copy_617x575.png
Screenshot_2021-01-23-15-04-28-1_copy_617x573.png

Screenshot_2021-01-23-15-04-42-1_copy_617x574-1.png

He might be a bit on the thick side but it looks to me like he might yet buy them!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So the books went pretty fast, but I still have the towers. I probably would have sold them by now too, but I got lazy, let the ad run out and just reposted it the other day. Honestly it's not easy because I really do love them still. The Sierra towers are a step up in sq, but not by orders of magnitude and if I'm being honest, a little step down in visual impact. They sound so nice tho, and the looks I get from the occasional guest when I play some music is pretty fun. There's just something about such big, clean sound coming out of those unassuming, smaller boxes that kind of adds to the experience for me.

Anyhoo... the books are sold! I dropped my price for the towers down to $1500 for the pair just the other day and got a bite already, tho he lowballed me. We've been having a back and forth now off and on all day. We were both kinda being dicks to each other, but just civil enough that there's a dialogue still. It's actually kinda funny, so I'm gonna share the screen caps below.
View attachment 43930View attachment 43931
View attachment 43933
He might be a bit on the thick side but it looks to me like he might yet buy them!
Just why I hate selling stuff :) What, no bedroom or garage setup needed? :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

View attachment 43933
Interesting guy. Twice he has made declarative statements only to back down fairly quickly after you challenge!
"I may be less right than you" LOL! :D
I wonder if he was hoping you would mis-read and say yes to "$1600 below retail" then try to hold you to selling them for $400!? (as if)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting guy. Twice he has made declarative statements only to back down fairly quickly after you challenge!
"I may be less right than you" LOL! :D
I wonder if he was hoping you would mis-read and say yes to "$1600 below retail" then try to hold you to selling them for $400!? (as if)
Kew! Good to see you man!

Yeah, I chuckled at that response too, lol. I dunno what he was tryna play at, but there's no way he's gonna find a better deal than I'm asking for those towers. He hasn't replied back since that exchange so I'm guessing he didn't find anything.

I want my Sierra Horizon center!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just why I hate selling stuff :) What, no bedroom or garage setup needed? :)
I have a room or 2 I could set them up in, but the Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade is almost $1500. My wife has softened up on speakers a lot since I got the Sierra towers. I didn't know she had it in her, but she actually appreciates and loves how they sound. She has a pretty big country music cd collection and I ripped them all for her. Now all she does is listen to music. She doesn't even watch tv anymore! I can't stand country music but I'm so tickled that she's warmed up to the speakers that it's a small price to pay.

Still tho, $1500 is a pretty big ask so selling the towers will pay for it and I'll have a complete 5.0 RAAL ribbon speaker surround setup. Right now I have those cheap but nice DCMs pulling surround duty and I'm using one of the Sierra 2s for a temporary center. I'm not watching movies or tv at reference levels or anything and it's a pretty nice match for the towers.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a room or 2 I could set them up in, but the Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade is almost $1500. My wife has softened up on speakers a lot since I got the Sierra towers. I didn't know she had it in her, but she actually appreciates and loves how they sound. She has a pretty big country music cd collection and I ripped them all for her. Now all she does is listen to music. She doesn't even watch tv anymore! I can't stand country music but I'm so tickled that she's warmed up to the speakers that it's a small price to pay.

Still tho, $1500 is a pretty big ask so selling the towers will pay for it and I'll have a complete 5.0 RAAL ribbon speaker surround setup. Right now I have those cheap but nice DCMs pulling surround duty and I'm using one of the Sierra 2s for a temporary center. I'm not watching movies or tv at reference levels or anything and it's a pretty nice match for the towers.
The DCM towers still put a smile on my face, surprise me from time to time at how good they are! And, that's not even mentioning the $250 that I paid for the pair.....i.e. good speakers and price is irrelevant.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 43933
He's definitely on the thick side. I don't know what he's smoking to think he can get some mint Ultra towers at $800 for the pair. You should ask him if he's willing to share that good stuff.

This reminds me of the time I tried to sell a $250 watch (that needed a new battery), for $80 and people were offering me $20 saying stuff like "Well, it needs a new battery." As if a watch battery costs $60! lol I got a new battery installed for $5 and sold it to a coworker for $75.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The DCM towers still put a smile on my face, surprise me from time to time at how good they are! And, that's not even mentioning the $250 that I paid for the pair.....i.e. good speakers and price is irrelevant.
I totally agree. I have the bookshelf version of the same speakers and I was very surprised with their performance. Well... not TOO surprised. They were all the rage for a couple of months here so I figured they weren't junk. I'd love to hear those towers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got someone coming over tomorrow morning to check out the towers! He said he's driving 80 miles so I anticipate he's likely to buy them! I have a few songs in the queue that'll make them really shine too. Like "Keith Don't Go" from the Salk cd (actually have a couple in mind from that cd) and the live version of "Hotel California" from the Hell Freezes Over tour. That deep Congo drum on the downbeat really makes them thump and you can hear the detail in the way it resonates, it sounds so nice.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Good luck with the sale! And soon to be followed 5.2 RAAL setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis