SVS Primes or Paradigm Monitor Speakers?

Spartan36

Spartan36

Audiophyte
Hello all,
Im having a hard decision on choosing which speakers would complete my new set up as I am selling my whole Klipsch audio set up ( If anyone is interested let me know I'll give you the models) any way Im going today to audition both and the reviews say that SVS is awesome in sound quality and so is Paradigm. I guess Its up to me what I hear is better in terms with quality and detail, if I go with SVS primes they will run me about $1550 for the whole set, Paradigm will cost me $3800 for the set. I already have a PB12-Plus from SVS for the sub. With my Klipsch system I am lacking the midrange details and it was bothering me and still to this day I'm always fine tuning my set up and can't get it balanced, so thats why I'm aiming with just mids and highs for music and movies. I have a 20" by 21" room Wanted to know what your input would be on choosing which I should go with? Thanks for your help

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Neither SVS nor Paradigm would be my first choice for midrange detail. Both are good speakers with good dynamics and solid bass (for their size) and treble.
However, I am not familiar with the sound of your Klipsch system and you may find the SVS or Paradigm perfect for your needs. Also know that upgrading to the SVS Ultra would get you a superior tweeter which would enhance the detail and may still be below the cost of the Paradigms.

For midrange detail, I would lean towards Philharmonic Audio or RBH.

http://philharmonicaudio.com/philharmonitor.html

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I guess Its up to me what I hear is better in terms with quality and detail
Pretty much. SVS has their free 45 day trial, so that makes it a little easier on that end. If you talk with the folks there, I'd expect you can just start with a pair of the bookshelf speakers to make any potential return easier.

PS: Any reason you aren't considering the SVS Ultra speakers? The Ultra Tower setup is priced more in line with the Paradigm setup you're considering, and they've (rightly IMHO) gotten very good reviews here.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have never liked the sound of the Monitor line. Paradigm in general can be a little fatiguing on the high end but I like their midrange; especially with room treatment, in my room.

Spartan36

Spartan36

Audiophyte
Well thanks guys, Im about to go audition these speakers and check out the Ultra Series from SVS.

Spartan36

Spartan36

Audiophyte
thanks guys I decided to get the Paradigm speakers they sounded pleasent to my ears vs Revels vs Klipsch etc.. However the Martin Logan Motion 40's were nice but too much for my budget. Also bought the paradigm millenia 30 LCR for my center channel, it sounded amazing when playing music. The Monitor 11's came out on top for me, I asked the salesman to play a female voice with a piano and I felt like she was singing to me right up front as if I was there, the revels sounded muffled, Klipsch's were ok but felt like if I was in the back of the stadium trying to listen to the details. I'm glad I'm selling my Klipsch's. Anyway, I got a good deal off the speakers because I bought a package.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Great! Good to hear you found speakers to fit you preferences and budget.
Congrats and enjoy!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis