SVS Prime wireless bass And Prime wireless speaker package

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I want to gift this system to a friend. is this suitable for a home office?

He is more of a tech guy but loves music as Currently he is running about 15 year old Klipsch satellite speakers with a small sub from Best Buy.

My assumption is that this would be a significant upgrade in sound Quality.
Does anyone have experience with this setup?

are there any similar setups I should consider? Thanks again people.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm your friend, too ! ;)

What a good friend you are to gift something like this ! I'd think that'd make a very nice office system from the brief glance I took (didn't know they even had such).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Its a very nice set of Speakers. Yes the Sound Quality will be Awesome.
Can't think of many other set-ups. Here is a few I can think of.
Ascend Acoustics

I have No experience with these JBL's. But guys here seem to like them. 8 hours left on the Sale

LOL the 590s are probably a bit large for an office. I think part of the appeal of the system would be placement flexibility with the wireless options plus the built in amplification....

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
LOL the 590s are probably a bit large for an office. I think part of the appeal of the system would be placement flexibility with the wireless options plus the built in amplification....
Right!
we tease each other because he buys all the latest phones, laptops, pads etc, but listens to music on what I call crap. He has to fight me to upgrade tech stuff. I can never see him with towers, subs etc. when COVID has subsided he will be here to king these 590’s

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Right!
we tease each other because he buys all the latest phones, laptops, pads etc, but listens to music on what I call crap. He has to fight me to upgrade tech stuff. I can never see him with towers, subs etc. when COVID has subsided he will be here to king these 590’s
The Studio 530's are on sale as well, but might be a tad large for a desktop. But you on the other hand....:D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
How did I miss the word Wireless. Oops

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Audioengine A5+

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Right!
I'm pretty sure the speakers alone would be a definite upgrade....and probably the more modern connections would go well with his tech stuff....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Right!
I have a feeling with a gift like that he won't be fighting you to upgrade his audio tech anymore :D. Damn I wish I had a friend like you I'm a little jelly right now.

I've heard that system at Bjorn's I think he's going to love it it did sound good

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have a feeling with a gift like that he won't be fighting you to upgrade his audio tech anymore :D. Damn I wish I had a friend like you I'm a little jelly right now.

I've heard that system at Bjorn's I think he's going to love it it did sound good
SVS delivered yesterday. True to form, my guy was on YouTube watching videos. I laughed, I told him hurry up and plug that thing up, I know some people that are waiting on his feedback.
He is a junior high special education teacher so I have to cut him some slack..
I will let you guys know his impressions when he finally connects it.
as usual, thanks for the input and help.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Old topic, pandemic over. I am looking at the prime bookshelf speakers with the monoprice banana plugs. I have never experienced such shallow depth. I have been in touch with SVS but wanted you guys opinion as well.
Are there different lengths of banana plugs? These are monoprice infinity speaker cables with plugs.

Attachments

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
So
Banana plugs aren't standardized...
Thanks Lovin, my man stepped on the speaker cable and the binding post broke on the speaker. I believe because 50% of the post is exposed. SVS sent out a replacement that we installed, but when I plugged the wires in I hit bottom fast.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I found this photo on Sewell’s website. The photo shows their plugs connected to some Polk speakers with the same excess sticking out of the binding post. Maybe some bookshelf speakers use more compact binding posts to save space.
BAF0C9E1-348F-4258-A609-5365AE669070.jpeg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I found this photo on Sewell’s website. The photo shows their plugs connected to some Polk speakers with the same excess sticking out of the binding post. Maybe some bookshelf speakers use more compact binding posts to save space. View attachment 48632
I've had some speakers like that that did that exact same thing it shouldn't affect your plugs as long as the connection is good might make it a little less secure of a connection meaning they can get pulled out on accident

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis