SVS-PB12-Ultra and Axiom EP-600

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
rjbudz said:
I want your 1. wife AND 2. your job! LOL.
1. I mentioned this to her. Do you have a resume' ? ... :p

2. I started, in my 20's, my own business. I am 45 now, and it is five businesses. The first five years were BRUTAL. Things are pretty good now, though ... ;) I am fortunate to have 120 excellent employees. :)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Hey - When we FINALLY nail down the date of the GTG, come on up. With a name like Buckeyefan, I would guess you are central Ohio ?
We are 3.5 hours from Columbus.
Right here in Columbus, northeast side of the beltway - Gahanna/New Albany area. Appreciate the invite. So are you in Indianapolis?

I've only read about the Maestro, and it was pretty impressive on paper. Have you ever heard or compared it to the Martin Logan subs? Any opinion on them?

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Right here in Columbus, northeast side of the beltway - Gahanna/New Albany area. Appreciate the invite. So are you in Indianapolis?

I've only read about the Maestro, and it was pretty impressive on paper. Have you ever heard or compared it to the Martin Logan subs? Any opinion on them?
We are the opposite direction - in Erie, Pa., not a bad drive from you at all. I have heard the M-L subs, but only in the store. They are impressive, for sure.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
craigsub said:
We are the opposite direction - in Erie, Pa., not a bad drive from you at all. I have heard the M-L subs, but only in the store. They are impressive, for sure.
So do you hang out at Presque Isle? We used to go there as kids. Not so far away, we spent quite a bit of time at Conneaut Lake. I grew up in Youngstown, and still have family there. Lots of good memories in NW Pa.
Let me know when the date approaches and I'll see what I can do.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Buckeyefan 1 said:
So do you hang out at Presque Isle? We used to go there as kids. Not so far away, we spent quite a bit of time at Conneaut Lake. I grew up in Youngstown, and still have family there. Lots of good memories in NW Pa.
Let me know when the date approaches and I'll see what I can do.
We go to Presque Isle quite frequently - and it is possibly nicer than ever ! I bet you remember "The Blue Streak" at Conneaut, too.

And yes, I will drop you a line on the date.

P

Peter Marcks

Banned
Dear Craig,

First of all I would like to say best wishes and good health to you and your family. Family always, always comes first, and we sometimes take this for granted when discussing this hobby.

Secondly, what would you think about a VTF-3HOHO model? Christmas special? :D

Please enjoy your gear to the fullest, your setup looks really fantastic.

Sincerely,

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Peter Marcks said:
Dear Craig,

First of all I would like to say best wishes and good health to you and your family. Family always, always comes first, and we sometimes take this for granted when discussing this hobby.

Secondly, what would you think about a VTF-3HOHO model? Christmas special? :D

Please enjoy your gear to the fullest, your setup looks really fantastic.

Sincerely,
Peter - Thanks for the kind thoughts, much appreciated.

And I absolutely look forward to the VTF-3 HOHO model ... lol.

Seriously, I hope we can get a VTF-3HO into the mix here, especially before the Fall GTG. With Velodyne, Axiom's EP-600, and the PB12-Ultra already lined up, the ONLY missing ingredient is Dr. Hsu's latest. We even moved the GTG back to early November.

If there is anything I can do to make this happen, let me know ... :)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Craigsub, the pictures indicate you've been blessed beyond the normal measures, but the wordage and attitudes reflected in your posts here give every indication you've kept things rightly in perspective and are our kinda' guy....hats off and great thread.....

P

Peter Marcks

Banned
Will do Craig, will do!

Have a great night all!

Sincerely,

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
mulester7 said:
.....Craigsub, the pictures indicate you've been blessed beyond the normal measures, but the wordage and attitudes reflected in your posts here give every indication you've kept things rightly in perspective and are our kinda' guy....hats off and great thread.....
Mulester - Thanks for the kind words. Yes, our life has been blessed in numerous ways. The group of people here ... well... let's just say it is nice to find a forum in which newbies and us old guys can have this much fun together.

:)

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Peter Marcks said:
Will do Craig, will do!

Have a great night all!

Sincerely,
Wonderful ! We have been without a Hsu subwoofer for TOO long ... :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
craigsub said:
1. I mentioned this to her. Do you have a resume' ? ... :p

***** Well, my wife is NOT an HT fan. In fact, she claims that she is superwoman and has super-sensitive hearing, which in turn means I never get to turn the equipment up past "what did he say?". Said superwoman says that I "would be a GREAT catch for your wife...references available upon request".

2. I started, in my 20's, my own business. I am 45 now, and it is five businesses. The first five years were BRUTAL. Things are pretty good now, though ... ;) I am fortunate to have 120 excellent employees. :)
***** I started in my teens, my own business. I am now 60, and it is zero businesses. The first 45 years were BRUTAL. They say things are pretty good now that I'm disabled from the effort and celebrate having zero employees. (But I really AM quite happy!) Much good cheer, Craigsub. You seemingly are one of the good guys!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
That last post didn't come out right...see, being 60 makes engrams disengage. The first part of my reply is in the quote part. Wish I knew how to operate this tool.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
rjbudz said:
That last post didn't come out right...see, being 60 makes engrams disengage. The first part of my reply is in the quote part. Wish I knew how to operate this tool.
Two pretty good quotes - perhaps we need an intervention with your bride... :) ... Perhaps we could help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis