SVS PB12-Plus/2 vs. Velodyne SPL-1200R

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I feel another level headed rational debate coming on....:D

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
well ask me in a few months... ill be buying a SVS PB12 +2 not sure what color to get though???? maybe the maple....

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
If this is serious...which I doubt...wait til the SB12Plus comes out and ask for comparisons...apples to apples, not hand grenades to mortars.

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
Ron Temple said:
If this is serious...which I doubt...wait til the SB12Plus comes out and ask for comparisons...apples to apples, not hand grenades to mortars.
It was a serious question:eek: I assume you feel one of these is far superior to the other...

do u know whwn the SB12Plus is comin out and what the price will be. My budget is approx $1200 for the sub

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
SMM said:
It was a serious question:eek: I assume you feel one of these is far superior to the other...

do u know whwn the SB12Plus is comin out and what the price will be. My budget is approx $1200 for the sub
First you've got to understand there's a ton of trolls asking this vs. that questions about their favorite woofer.

Both the Velo and SVS are great subs, but for totally different applications. If you want a great musical sub, small footprint, medium to small room the Velo has great features and will fit the bill. If you have a large room, want extreme extention and SPL, don't care about how big the sub is and want "oh my lord" response, then the /2 is the ticket. It's still a very musical sub, but the HT response overshadows most reviewers opinions.

Frankly, I'm amazed by both products, though I haven't heard the Velo SPL series in my home, I have had the DPS and DD series here and they are great. I also own a 20-39+. As I said, it ain't apples to apples...it's what is important to you.

Good luck (SB12Plus coming in Sept - which is apples to apples)

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i dont want to clutter your compairson thread, if you would like i can delete this a start a new... but i would like to see pictures of peoples set ups with the higher end SV subs... i hear they are VERY large... id just like to see how and where people have them placed....

R

RMK!

Ron Temple said:
First you've got to understand there's a ton of trolls asking this vs. that questions about their favorite woofer.

Both the Velo and SVS are great subs, but for totally different applications. If you want a great musical sub, small footprint, medium to small room the Velo has great features and will fit the bill. If you have a large room, want extreme extention and SPL, don't care about how big the sub is and want "oh my lord" response, then the /2 is the ticket. It's still a very musical sub, but the HT response overshadows most reviewers opinions.

Frankly, I'm amazed by both products, though I haven't heard the Velo SPL series in my home, I have had the DPS and DD series here and they are great. I also own a 20-39+. As I said, it ain't apples to apples...it's what is important to you.

Good luck (SB12Plus coming in Sept - which is apples to apples)

Excellent summation of the two subs although some might disagree regarding the musicality of the PB-12/2. Also, the Velo includes an auto 6 band EQ. The new SB12+ does not but is approx 1/2 the price.

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
Sounds Good said:
i dont want to clutter your compairson thread, if you would like i can delete this a start a new... but i would like to see pictures of peoples set ups with the higher end SV subs... i hear they are VERY large... id just like to see how and where people have them placed....
Here's my SVS PB12 Plus/2 in the corner.

Attachments

J

jdono52

Enthusiast
Velo SPL1200R

I have not had the privilege of comparing my SPL1200 to and SVS sub, but I can tell you that I am extremely impressed with my Velo. I use it probably 50/50 for music and movies and it performs fantastic in both situations, especially for the exceptionally small footprint. In my opinion it has been one of the best purchases I have made for my home theater. However, there are a lot of users here who swear by SVS subs and I think it would be wise for you to audition them both to better make an informed decision. I may have a small bias toward my purchase, being that I picked it up for almost 1/3 the price they retail for. Regardless, the Velodyne SPL1200 R II is an amazing product and I would highly recommend it to someone who enjoys music as much as movies.

Good Luck

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis