SVS PB12-NSD arrived

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
The SVS PB12-NSD finally arrived. Before saying anything else, I would say that the guys at SVS rock! I received great support all the way from pre to post sales to delivery.
I rent a townhome, so the UPS guy dropped the package at the property office since I was at work and SVS deliveries require signature. Once back home, I went to the office to pick it up and when I saw it all I could say is "Oh sh*t this is big...I think I will come back in a bit to pick this up". The UPS sticker said 94 lbs.
I went to the blue hardware store and picked up a hand truck. Returned to the office and managed to load the box into the vehicle with the help of the hand truck.
Got the sub back home and stared at the box for a few minutes. I realized I needed a bigger house probably.
Anyways, the packing was sturdy - double boxes with foam padding. Finally got this "thing" out. I know that when people plug this monster in, the first words they say is OMG. But just looking at the sheer size and weight of this sub similar feelings are easily invoked. I didnt have the idea of how big this sub is...It is BIG!
I havent yet hooked up the Sub yet because I am waiting on my speakers from Axiom. Should start getting them by next week hopefully. That will give me enough time to wipe the dust off the receiver (HK AVR 240) and go through the manuals.
With the Sub I have got the Avia DVD and SPL meter. So more details to follow.
BTW, I bought the 12 ft digital coaxial audio RCA cable from monoprice.com.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congratulations on your new sub. Not only do the guys at SVS rock so do their subs. :D Your new system sounds like it's going to be great. Which Axiom speakers did you order?

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Congrats. Nothing beats a new setup. It's like Christmas except more expensive and with less wrapping. :cool:

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
Duffinator said:
Congratulations on your new sub. Not only do the guys at SVS rock so do their subs. :D Your new system sounds like it's going to be great. Which Axiom speakers did you order?

Duffinator,
Given the amount of time I spent researching for good speakers and the indecisions I would end up at, I decided that its worth auditioning the speakers at home. So, with so much to select from the Axiom's range, I ordered M3, M22, M50, M60, VP100, VP150, QS4 and QS8.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
sahihai said:
So, with so much to select from the Axiom's range, I ordered M3, M22, M50, M60, VP100, VP150, QS4 and QS8.
You are THE MAN. Very good move.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
agarwalro said:
You are THE MAN. Very good move.
I agree. Nothing like hearing speakers in your home connected to your gear. Let us know what you think when they all arrive.

K

KrisJ

Junior Audioholic
LOL, "HOLY $H!T" was my first impression as well. Mine is still sitting in my office at work until I have the chance to bring my wifes SUV to work to crate it home

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
I call it consistency :) "Holy Sh*t" is pretty consistent across SVS users.

I am going to be spending a lot of time on the setup once the speakers arrive. If I like them, they stay, if not, they go. So this holiday season is definitely going to be "loud". Will definitely be posting regular reviews.

I have to finalize the speaker wires by tomorrow. Probably will go with monoprice again, but will consider BJ too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis