SVS PB-12 Plus VS PB-12 Ultra

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I was looking at these subs and I cannot understand the differernce. They have a combined manual so there is not much difference in operation. The only difference I can spot is the $$ difference. Can someone do the hard work explain the difference to me. I appreciate the effort in advance.

Cheers.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
agarwalro said:
I was looking at these subs and I cannot understand the differernce. They have a combined manual so there is not much difference in operation. The only difference I can spot is the $$ difference. Can someone do the hard work explain the difference to me. I appreciate the effort in advance.

Cheers.
.....Agarwalro, the main difference is the subwoofer element used....the "plus" and the "ultra" elements....we're soon to have a report from two Audioholics visiting the SVS showroom in Ohio on the upcoming 22nd....I look for details on the ultra subwoofer element.....

Last edited:
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, the Ultra has a higher end driver. Basically it's just more beefy so it can pound harder.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
agarwalro said:
Thanks for the prompt responses.
.....Agarwalro, I noticed your base is Seattle....I spent a week there in about '95....we went here for the evening meal one day....restraurant level--500 feet....as I stood on the ground looking up before going up, I said to myself over-and-over, "this thing has been here for 38 years, this thing has been here for 38 years, this thing-etc.".....

http://www.seattlephotographs.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=SPACa_night0015&reference=/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?search=action&keywords=all&searchstart=0&template=Templates/SearchResult.html&category=SPAC

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Rotl

mulester7 said:
as I stood on the ground looking up before going up, I said to myself over-and-over, "this thing has been here for 38 years, this thing has been here for 38 years, this thing-etc.".....
You crack me up. People at work thought I had lost it. Thanks, I needed that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis