B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I never thought I would say this, but that white is just gorgeous.

D

darkraver

Enthusiast
svs

Friends,

The new 12.3 drivers really work well !!

The new SVS stuff as Buckeyefan referred to really looks nice !

Does anyone have info whether it is true that SVS will introduce something like the Velodyne SMS1 sub controller ? Did read somewhere it is coming but cannot find the link anymore ?
Does anyone have info on this ?

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
darkraver said:
Friends,

The new 12.3 drivers really work well !!
So...do you notice a difference in SQ? I ask because I'm not convinced that I will hear a difference from the 12.2 except at ear-bleeding volume, which won't be happening at my house.

Does anyone have info whether it is true that SVS will introduce something like the Velodyne SMS1 sub controller ? Did read somewhere it is coming but cannot find the link anymore ?
Does anyone have info on this ?
First I've heard of this, though I think I saw a response from TomV a couple of months ago about not having any such plans.

D

darkraver

Enthusiast
Hi Ron,

Well we did test the same SVS sub (+2), one loaded with the 12.2 and the other with the 12.3 drivers.
What I can tell you is that when it comes up to music performance ( DVD Music - Stereo ) the 12.3 drivers are better than the 12.2 drivers. I already liked the 12.2 drivers very much and did not believe I would hear any difference at all but I am glad the 12.3 drivers have arrived.
If feels like the efficiency has been improved as well as the reaction speed of the drivers. These 2 things really are important I believe for any subwoofer ?

I would say: pro :
-better for music, more balanced sound, more musical
-faster reaction and that also improves HT as well as Music performance I would say. Got the feeling the 12.3 kick harder at around 40/50/60 HZ.

----------------
Concerning the possible SVS sub processor, sure hope it will be something like the VELO SMS1 and hopefully better + cheaper .

Marcel

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
The new colors on the SBS-01's look good. Are they the same type of material used in the black, or are they painted?

erik

erik

Manufacturer
silversurfer said:
The new colors on the SBS-01's look good. Are they the same type of material used in the black, or are they painted?
The new colors will be the same type of material as the black in the new colors. They are not painted.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Which is the same material used on the various colors of the PB-10....nothing new for them, though they probably had to wait for a while for mass quantities of the new colors of cabinets to handle demand.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis